Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Middle East modern history/current politics education resources

1. Apr 10, 2013 #1
    Greetings,

I am not very knowledgeable on the modern history and the current political situation in the Middle East. When I try to speak with people about the subject, often all I get is a barrage of strong opinions that leave me no more informed than when I started. As a result, I'm not really sure where to look to get educated.

I just want a context that I can use to comprehend news that I hear. An online audio or video lecture series for a survey course in the subject would be ideal, and books would also be good. Again, I want a resource that mostly gives the historical context and the political situation of the region. I'm looking for an informative and un-opinionated background.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help that you can give.

-HJ Farnsworth

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2013 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Apr 11, 2013 #3
    Thanks for the reply, Astronuc. Those books look great, I will give them a read.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook