Missed International Bacon Day and made hamburg instead

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    International
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 3K views
turbo
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
3,181
Reaction score
57
How does this happen?! I love bacon, but instead of making a nice home-made pizza featuring bacon yesterday, I opted for hamburg. Wah!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
:eek:

I wasn't even aware of it! And here I sit while 2 packs of bacon await me on my kitchen counter. Oh well, better late than never.
 
I missed the memo on that one as well! We held a small party Saturday and it could have been bacon-themed! :smile:
 
I declare today "official eat yer bacon anyway day".

I also have a pound of bacon which I will glady honor on this most important of days.
 
Doc Al said:
mmm... bacon! :!)
bacon wrapped sardines!
 
turbo-1 said:
How does this happen?! I love bacon, but instead of making a nice home-made pizza featuring bacon yesterday, I opted for hamburg. Wah!

I don't see the problem here...just load up your burger with bacon. Problem solved.
 
lisab said:
I don't see the problem here...just load up your burger with bacon. Problem solved.

I made the mistake recently of trying Carl's Junior's bacon-guacamole burger. Mmmmmmm.

I almost never eat fast food, but I've had to make a few trips back for that one. Even worse, if it's late, it's the only thing in town that's open, besides Sharis.

They come with a discount coupon for your first heart bypass surgery.
 
I have discovered that bacon and guacamole together is to die for good. Now I also want to try the plum thing too. Yes, I am willing to die for bacon more then once.
 
I love my Bacon Salt.
http://www.jdfoods.net/products/baconsalt.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
I love my Bacon Salt.
http://www.jdfoods.net/products/baconsalt.php
I've never heard of that; it isn't available here. I am, however, one of only 3 people that I know of who puts salt on bacon.One of the others is a member of the Sisterhood... :rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bacon salt sounds like a good idea, but it would put me into the ER in a heartbeat, if not the morgue.

maltodestrin
monosodium glutamate
hydrolyzed corn and soy proteins
autolyzed yeast extract

All are sources of free glutamates that ensure anaphylactic shock for me. Some of the other ingredients "spices" "natural hickory smoke flavor" "natural butter flavor" could be dicey, too. Most times, "natural flavor" of any description involves processes that produce free glutamates by boiling process by-products in acid, concentrating the resultant extract, and neutralizing with caustic to get back to a normal pH. The additive industry is largely unregulated in the US. At least people get a heads-up when products are made in plants that process peanuts and other allergens.

Edit: back to your regularly-scheduled bacon.