Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Munich: Awesome movie or was it? I dunno!

1. Jan 5, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I'm kinda confused on how i'm suppose to feel about this movie!

What makes a good movie? I left wondering what happened to like... 5 of the characters in the movie... there was this huge web of lies and connections and inter-related interests.... and none of them really were explored! So is a good movie one that answers most of your quesions or is a good movie a movie where you leave dazed and confused and wondering how everything happened?

Peoples emotions were also changing with utterly no explanation, the whole premise was strange, scenes jumped from here to there with no real transition.... im so lost :cry: Then there were these random non-sensicle run-ins with the mother of this guy and they jumped from city to city and god knows where they were at any one time... And I can't believe that their setup to the movie is that... 5 guys who seemingly have no business being state-sponsored assassins.... go out and get screwed up and try to kill people.

And of course, as is par for hollywood these days for some reason, the most gut wrenching scene is super-imposed (or whatever... it was like, flipping back and forth from flashback to present every second or so) on this guy banging his wife like an animal. Honestly, did the movie need that much sex and nudity?

Really... i think theres a big difference between a movie that makes you think and a movie that leaves you to fill in 1/2 the story on your own

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2006 #2
    So did you find a woman to go with you?

4. Jan 5, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

No... people and their "work"... does no one else think unemployment rocks?

5. Jan 5, 2006 #4
    unemployments for loosers. I felt the same way about syriana....they put toooo much story into it. It was busting out with story. I was like what the hell....I got confused every time I thought I had figured it out.

6. Jan 5, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah, this movie would have been a great book.... but it's a crappy movie instead.

7. Jan 5, 2006 #6
    Syriana was the first movie to make me look at my watch and think "Dammit, it's ONLY been an hour." It was the most boring thriller I've ever seen.

Now, The Producers - that's a movie to look forward to.

8. Jan 6, 2006 #7
    We seriously need a movie review thread. Maybe make it a sticky.
    I tried my Book Review thread but apparently none of you heathens read!
    I'm going to go look for it and resurrect it. Where are my shrunken heads and chicken bones when I need them?!

9. Jan 6, 2006 #8
    I once looked up the recipe for making shrunken heads. It's really not all that complicated.

10. Jan 6, 2006 #9
    Comic books dont count you ape.

11. Jan 15, 2006 #10
    I saw Munich today and I thought it was OK in the sense that it wasn't boring. I still can't believe at how unorganized their first assasination was....

12. Jan 15, 2006 #11
    I never finished watching Munich. I liked the first half, but got called away and didn't see the last. I was confused as to why state assassins had to go to some French grandpa to find out where these terrorists were hiding. And why the grandpa was happy when they killed the terrorists with bombs, but not happy when they used army guys to kill the terrorists.
    For a good movie I suggest Memoirs of a Geisha. I liked that one made me cry.

13. Jan 15, 2006 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Made you cry?

Woman.

The grandpa wasn't happy because he doesn't work with governments. Using amry guys makes it very suspicous as to who the main character works for (he's suppose to be free-lance)

14. Jan 15, 2006 #13
    I also found it funny how some of the minor characters who had like one line often spoke perfect english without an accent...

15. Jan 16, 2006 #14
    you are a sexist

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?