Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote

• Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a feature where users can easily quote and reply to specific parts of a post by clicking and dragging the desired text. This feature also works with multi-quoting and makes the process much simpler. However, there may be some issues with formatting, particularly with equations and special characters.
berkeman
Mentor
Maybe others have known about this feature for a while, but I just discovered it. If you want to just quote part of a post, you can click drag the text you want to copy, and a little "Quote+" box pops up next to the highlighted text! Pretty neat! :)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
you can click drag the text you want to copy
Or just highlight and "Reply". I'm still learning too. Many neat features.

?temp_hash=a81f7fcbf106c6ba4ef42007a511ff0d.jpg

Attachments

• click and drag.jpg
    click and drag.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 382
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Yeah one of my favorite features. I remember the old days where you had to sometimes quote a massive chunk of text and then manually in the editor crop it out.

btw, it also works with multiquote. So you can-select-to-quote many things and then insert them into the editor at the end.

Likes berkeman
Oh, wow! This is going to make my life so much simpler. I've been doing the quote/delete operation all along.

Greg Bernhardt said:
So you can-select-to-quote many things and then insert them into the editor at the end.

Or you can select-to-reply to several things, one by one, and they each get added to the editor as you go along. No need to "Insert Quotes" at the end.

The trouble is, if you have any latex in your click-drag selection it messes it up.

Testing...

[tex]i(t) = C \frac{dv(t)}{dt}[/tex]

berkeman said:
Testing...

i(t)=Cdv(t)dt

Testing... Hmm, even for simple stuff, some of the formatting is lost.

1. What is the purpose of the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote"?

The purpose of the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote" is to allow users to easily interact with text or elements on a webpage by clicking, dragging, or quoting them. This can help with tasks like highlighting text, moving objects, or selecting multiple items at once.

2. How do I use the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote"?

To use the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote", simply click on the text or element you want to interact with. Then, while holding down the mouse button, drag the item to the desired location or select multiple items by dragging the cursor over them. To quote text, highlight the desired text and click the quote button that appears.

3. Can I customize the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote"?

Yes, the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote" can be customized to fit your specific needs. You can change the click, drag, and quote actions to different mouse buttons or keys, adjust the sensitivity of the drag feature, and even change the appearance of the feature to match your website's design.

4. Is the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote" accessible for users with disabilities?

Yes, the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote" can be made accessible for users with disabilities. By following web accessibility guidelines, the feature can be made usable for individuals with visual, motor, or cognitive disabilities. This may include adding alternative ways to use the feature, such as keyboard shortcuts.

5. Are there any limitations to the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote"?

While the "Neat Feature -- click/drag/quote" is a useful tool, it does have some limitations. It may not work on all websites, especially those with complex designs or custom coding. Additionally, it may not be compatible with all browsers, so it's important to test its functionality before implementing it on your website.