Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help on how to find a Physicist that will do my wedding ceremony

1. May 25, 2013 #1
    I thought it would be a fantastic idea to have a physicist to perform the wedding ceremony (instead of an ordained minister/priest/etc).

It would be pretty simple because we are already married (married via court house last summer), and now we are just doing a wedding for everyone in the family and whatnot.
    However, I don't know were to begin to look or who I could ask? The more of a veteran physicist the better it would be!

I look forward to reading responses!
    (The wedding will take place in Oklahoma, by the way.)

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2013 #2
    Well where do you think physicists reside? You'll want to contact a local university or national lab. I highly doubt you'll find someone to do this unless they're a really good sport, or unless you're willing to pay a pretty good amount of money.

4. May 25, 2013 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Why? What on earth do you expect them to do?

5. May 25, 2013 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Call Jim Parsons; he can conduct the ceremony in Klingon. :biggrin:

6. May 25, 2013 #5

Curious3141

Homework Helper

"I now pronounce you permanently entangled. You may osculate the bride." :biggrin:

7. May 25, 2013 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

"By the work over time invested in me by the state of Oklahoma..."

8. May 25, 2013 #7

Curious3141

Homework Helper

"phase of Oklahoma..."

9. May 25, 2013 #8

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join these two in the bonds of chemical covalency......to love and to share of all of their atoms......"

"They knew from the very start that they were very attracted to one another....."

Possibly something about completing one anothers shells.

I bet they'll have some Pi to celebrate their Bond. :wink:

I could think of some more. But that's all I've got right now...lol

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  10. May 26, 2013 #9

Danger

Gold Member

You guys are starting to get pretty desperate, aren't you? Do you not have wives of your own to go and pester?

11. May 26, 2013 #10

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

I sure don't.

I just hope the new couple doesn't have too much electronegativity in their lives. I'd hate to see them attracting multiple bonds...that wouldn't be good.

12. May 26, 2013 #11

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

In college, one of my fellow physics majors got married, with the ceremony performed by one of our physics professors, who also happened to be an ordained minister. (This was many years ago, and he's no longer available.)

13. May 26, 2013 #12
    You can check out the stores in Walmart. I heard that they keep some decent physicists exactly for these events.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook