Reducing chocolate bar dimensions and finding k in quadratic equations

  • Thread starter Thread starter RubyRed
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 8K views
there is no where to put pharentheses on the windows calc
 
Physics news on Phys.org
yes that's right, now plug both of the numbers into the 12-x, 7-x and if you get a negative number then that's not the solution you need
 
ok! yay I almost got it. lol I can't believe you have spent so much time online helping me with something so tedious! I appreciate it so much though...now let's see if I can get it this time...
 
RubyRed said:
ok so for the first one I got 18.07029 so on and so on and for the second one I got
0.929702 so on and so on...is that right?

if you got that then how could you get 11.7 and 6.7?
 
when I take the l=12-.93 which means that l= 11.07 and the width would be 7-.93 which is the 6.7
I could already tell the 18.07 wouldn't work because it would be a negative number when subtracted from the 12 and 7.
 
ooooo hehe sorry thought you meant 11.7 not 11.07 >.< but yea that's the answer :) hehe took a while to solve it
 
GOSH it took FOREVER! But I got it! yay! haha thanks so much for your help, I am sure I will be on this forum often, so maybe I will put you through math hell and help me again sometime. lol But for now I have had ENOUGH math, ugh, thanks again. Talk to you later! G'Night