Science Advisor
- 3,372
- 465
What would be the signature in a neutrino detector of these interactions?
[itex]\nu_l q \rightarrow q^\prime X[/itex]
and
[itex]\bar{\nu}_l e \rightarrow \bar{\nu}_l l^-[/itex]
with [itex]q[/itex] a nucleon's quark and [itex]l^-[/itex] a lepton?
In general I would say that the signal would be that of the resulting lepton and maybe hadron jet, but I am not sure if the neutrino detectors work in the same way...
For example, in an atomic environment, the special example of interaction [itex]] \bar{\nu}_e e \rightarrow \bar{\nu}_e e[/itex] can result in ionizations...
[itex]\nu_l q \rightarrow q^\prime X[/itex]
and
[itex]\bar{\nu}_l e \rightarrow \bar{\nu}_l l^-[/itex]
with [itex]q[/itex] a nucleon's quark and [itex]l^-[/itex] a lepton?
In general I would say that the signal would be that of the resulting lepton and maybe hadron jet, but I am not sure if the neutrino detectors work in the same way...
For example, in an atomic environment, the special example of interaction [itex]] \bar{\nu}_e e \rightarrow \bar{\nu}_e e[/itex] can result in ionizations...