Neutron interaction/absorbtion length of lithium-6 deutride?

In summary, the individual is seeking assistance in calculating the neutron absorption/interaction length of lithium-6 deutride. Despite searching through government experiments and various sources, they have not been able to find the answer. Two websites are suggested, but do not have the necessary information. The individual also suggests using the Beer-Lambert law, and provides a link for further information.
Arun S. Johnson
Could anyone tell me or direct me to a source with an answer or way to calculate the neutron aborbtion/interaction length of lithium-6 deutride? I would have expected this answer to be readily available from the government experiments leading up to castle bravo, but I cannot seem to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
Also, http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/atlas/atlasvalues.html

Thanks to both of you, but neither site seems to have the right information; is there a way one could calculate the neutron absorption length given the absorption cross section and the ionic radius of both lithium and hydrogen, since the crystals are a simple cubic structure.

1. What is neutron interaction length?

The neutron interaction length is the average distance that a neutron travels through a material before undergoing a nuclear interaction.

2. How is neutron interaction length determined?

The neutron interaction length is determined experimentally by measuring the attenuation of a neutron beam as it passes through a material of interest.

3. What is the neutron absorption length?

The neutron absorption length is the average distance that a neutron travels through a material before being absorbed by a nucleus. It is the inverse of the neutron absorption cross section.

4. How does lithium-6 deutride affect neutron interaction and absorption lengths?

Lithium-6 deutride has a high neutron absorption cross section, meaning that it is very efficient at absorbing neutrons. This results in a shorter neutron interaction length and a shorter neutron absorption length compared to other materials.

5. Why is the neutron interaction/absorption length of lithium-6 deutride important?

The neutron interaction/absorption length of lithium-6 deutride is important for many applications, such as in nuclear reactors, where it is used as a neutron moderator and reflector. It is also used in neutron detectors and as a shielding material for radiation protection.