New Bio "The Man from the Future" by Ananyo Bhattacharya

  • Topic: Other 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Frabjous
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Neumann Von neumann
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 1K views
Frabjous
Gold Member
Messages
1,978
Reaction score
2,445
The Man from the Future by Ananyo Bhattacharya (it’s out in Britain, not until Feb. in US)

Anybody have any thoughts on it?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Aanta, Mr.Husky and Demystifier
Physics news on Phys.org
It's a little early of course. An opinion can be given in 6 months, when the book has gained some spread. In the meantime, what else has the author written? Was it any good, so not to get wrong expectations.
 
dextercioby said:
In the meantime, what else has the author written? Was it any good, so not to get wrong expectations.

According to his Amazon page



this is his only book. His Bio from this page: "Ananyo Bhattacharya is a science writer who has worked at the Economist and Nature. Before journalism, he was a medical researcher at the Burnham Institute in San Diego, California. He holds a degree in physics from the University of Oxford and a PhD in protein crystallography from Imperial College London."
 
I'm intrigued, but also wary. Sometimes these books just turn out to be a rehash of every anecdote and story you can find online.
 
I understand the reticence. I stopped regularly reading scientific biographies years ago (the only one I regularly recommend is the autobiography Magnets by Bitter because I feel that it gives some idea about what’s it is like being a physicist). Something about the description of this one intrigues me. I guess that I will order a copy from Britain and count the weeks until it arrives.
 
Last edited: