New here I don't know if there's a special place for this

• Thread starter blade123
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a new member, blade, being welcomed into a forum for discussing physics. Blade shares that they have a passion for physics since childhood, influenced by their father who was knowledgeable about RF and electronics. They also mention getting their ham license at a young age and their interest in math. Overall, blade feels more accomplished studying physics compared to math. Other members welcome blade and ask about their preferences for fish.
blade123
Hey, uhh I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm just a lowly undergrad Freshman studying physics. I grew up around it, my dad was real into ham radios and knew a lot about RF and electronics and all that jazz. He introduced me to radios and electronics (as well as constantly showing me videos about the big bang and black holes and all the cool stuff I want to study...he introduced me to Carl Sagan). I loved that stuff, and constantly thought about it as a kid. I got my ham license at age 9. As I got into my teenage years, I kind of got away from that stuff, but I had a fantastic math teacher junior year who got me into math, but I think physics is just applied math so I'm going down that path. I feel more accomplished when I do physics...it's much more realistic than "find x".

I don't know if this is the section to post this kinda thing, but hi!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yep, this is the right place! Welcome to PF, blade, I hope you like it here :smile:!

Hi blade I'm new also like you.

Welcome blade, this is an awesome place. I know you will love it here :)

Welcome! PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Welcome, blade! What kind of fish do you like? o:)

Wow-thanks for the kind words!

jtbell said:
Welcome, blade! What kind of fish do you like? o:)

I'm not a huge fan of fish, but if they're deepfried they're awesome. :3

What is the purpose of this "New here" page?

The purpose of this page is to provide information and resources for new users who are unfamiliar with the platform or community. It may also serve as a place for new users to introduce themselves and ask any initial questions.

Where can I find more information about this platform or community?

You can visit the main website or official social media pages for more information. Additionally, you can ask other members of the community or search for relevant forums or help pages.

Is there a specific place for new users to ask questions?

Yes, there may be a designated forum or thread specifically for new users to ask questions and receive help from more experienced users. You can also create a new post in a relevant forum or reach out to a moderator for assistance.

How can I introduce myself to the community?

You can introduce yourself in the designated "New here" forum or thread, or create a new post in a relevant forum. It may also be helpful to include your interests, background, and reasons for joining the community.

Are there any rules or guidelines I should be aware of as a new user?

Yes, most communities have rules or guidelines that new users should familiarize themselves with. These may include rules for appropriate behavior, posting guidelines, and copyright policies. Make sure to read and follow these rules to avoid any issues or conflicts with other members.