Oh so Battleship, the game, is now a movie.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game Movie
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org


I saw previews to that when I went to see Cowboys and Aliens (which was pretty decent). Previews actually looked decent (for the type of movie it is).
 


This thread needs to be stickied.
 


Greg Bernhardt said:
I want to know what convinced Liam Neeson that this was a good script.
Money! He is a draw unto himself, and can bring fans to the theaters, so it's best to pay him what he wants.
 


Greg Bernhardt said:
I want to know what convinced Liam Neeson that this was a good script.

More like, what GENIUS decided to convince neeson to do this movie.

I already bought 5 tickets.
 


What a bummer. It's not about the game at all.
 


Jimmy Snyder said:
What a bummer. It's not about the game at all.

In all honesty, the part in the clip where they have the battleships lined up against the alien thingies made me wonder "... ok this sounds like the entire movie right here".

I mean, come on, how are they going to expand that 5 minute battle into a 2 hour movie?
 


Pengwuino said:
In all honesty, the part in the clip where they have the battleships lined up against the alien thingies made me wonder "... ok this sounds like the entire movie right here".

I mean, come on, how are they going to expand that 5 minute battle into a 2 hour movie?

A3.
Miss.
B11.
Miss.
H7.
HIT!

I really need to see this trailer...
 


Oh god, if anyone at any point in the movie says "You sunk my battleship", I'm going to walk out of the theater.
 


Apparently, they're also making a movie out of minesweeper!

Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA0Xqt6KGEs
 


This movie better not be some BS where they just have one mega 5 minute awesome BOOM BOOM HUGE GUNS KAPOW EXPLOSION GIANT SMOKE THINGIES! thing and then just have some lame *** movie after that. $200M better get me some hawt action sex explosions.
 


Pengwuino said:
Oh god, if anyone at any point in the movie says "You sunk my battleship", I'm going to walk out of the theater.

Haha same here, did anyone else notice that at around 1:58 or so in the trailer, the projectiles launched into the side of the ship looked a bit like the pegs from the game?
 


QuarkCharmer said:
I saw previews to that when I went to see Cowboys and Aliens (which was pretty decent). Previews actually looked decent (for the type of movie it is).

Battleship looks typical off-the-shelf plot; rebellious but talented all-American hero is on his last exercise (que simpering sexy girlfriend at home) before his fleet is attacked by giant alien robot. Expect lots of BOOM! PWEW-PWEW! ARRGHGHG??, leaders of the fleet making bad decisions and our hero breaking ranks to save the day (and get the girl).

Cowboys and Aliens on the other hand looks like a weak plot inspired by arguments on internet forum of "who would win between X and Y?" and will probably end up with a bunch of unwashed primitives with crude weapons beating an alien invasion that has the technology to cross interstellar space.

Having said that C&A has Olivia Wilde in it :!) :!) :!)
 


Pengwuino said:
Oh god, if anyone at any point in the movie says "You sunk my battleship", I'm going to walk out of the theater.

If no one has said it by the 1 hour mark, I am going to walk out of the theatre, and make a thread about how someone should punch the script writer in the head.