Oh so Battleship, the game, is now a movie.

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game Movie
In summary, the movie is about a game that has now become a movie, with a $200M budget. The part in the trailer that made me wonder if it would be a lame movie was when the projectiles looked like they might be from the game. The movie looks like it will have a lot of explosions and action, and will probably be about a rebel hero saving the day.
Physics news on Phys.org

You forgot to say DISCUSS!

DISCUSS! teehee

I am verklempt.

I saw previews to that when I went to see Cowboys and Aliens (which was pretty decent). Previews actually looked decent (for the type of movie it is).

This thread needs to be stickied.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I want to know what convinced Liam Neeson that this was a good script.
Money! He is a draw unto himself, and can bring fans to the theaters, so it's best to pay him what he wants.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I want to know what convinced Liam Neeson that this was a good script.

More like, what GENIUS decided to convince neeson to do this movie.

I already bought 5 tickets.

What a bummer. It's not about the game at all.

You sank my Liam Neeson!

Jimmy Snyder said:
What a bummer. It's not about the game at all.

In all honesty, the part in the clip where they have the battleships lined up against the alien thingies made me wonder "... ok this sounds like the entire movie right here".

I mean, come on, how are they going to expand that 5 minute battle into a 2 hour movie?

Pengwuino said:
In all honesty, the part in the clip where they have the battleships lined up against the alien thingies made me wonder "... ok this sounds like the entire movie right here".

I mean, come on, how are they going to expand that 5 minute battle into a 2 hour movie?

A3.
Miss.
B11.
Miss.
H7.
HIT!

I really need to see this trailer...

This movie would be good iff all humans gets killed.

Oh god, if anyone at any point in the movie says "You sunk my battleship", I'm going to walk out of the theater.

Apparently, they're also making a movie out of minesweeper!

Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA0Xqt6KGEs

This movie better not be some BS where they just have one mega 5 minute awesome BOOM BOOM HUGE GUNS KAPOW EXPLOSION GIANT SMOKE THINGIES! thing and then just have some lame *** movie after that. $200M better get me some hawt action sex explosions.

Pengwuino said:
Oh god, if anyone at any point in the movie says "You sunk my battleship", I'm going to walk out of the theater.

Haha same here, did anyone else notice that at around 1:58 or so in the trailer, the projectiles launched into the side of the ship looked a bit like the pegs from the game?

QuarkCharmer said:
I saw previews to that when I went to see Cowboys and Aliens (which was pretty decent). Previews actually looked decent (for the type of movie it is).

Battleship looks typical off-the-shelf plot; rebellious but talented all-American hero is on his last exercise (que simpering sexy girlfriend at home) before his fleet is attacked by giant alien robot. Expect lots of BOOM! PWEW-PWEW! ARRGHGHG??, leaders of the fleet making bad decisions and our hero breaking ranks to save the day (and get the girl).

Cowboys and Aliens on the other hand looks like a weak plot inspired by arguments on internet forum of "who would win between X and Y?" and will probably end up with a bunch of unwashed primitives with crude weapons beating an alien invasion that has the technology to cross interstellar space.

Having said that C&A has Olivia Wilde in it :!) :!) :!)

Pengwuino said:

If no one has said it by the 1 hour mark, I am going to walk out of the theatre, and make a thread about how someone should punch the script writer in the head.

Pengwuino said:

I think the real question here is why does my choice to subject myself to an advertisement mean I must watch an advertisement before I get to watch the advertisement I wanted to see?

What is the premise of the Battleship movie?

The Battleship movie is based on the popular board game where two players strategically place their ships on a grid and take turns guessing the location of their opponent's ships. In the movie, the game evolves into an epic battle between the US Navy and an alien race.

Who stars in the Battleship movie?

The lead roles in the Battleship movie are played by Taylor Kitsch, Rihanna, and Liam Neeson. The movie also features supporting roles from Alexander Skarsgård, Brooklyn Decker, and Tadanobu Asano.

Is the Battleship movie faithful to the board game?

The Battleship movie takes inspiration from the board game, but it also adds new elements to create a more action-packed and intense storyline. Some of the iconic elements from the game, such as the grid and the ships, are still present in the movie.

Who directed the Battleship movie?

The Battleship movie was directed by Peter Berg, who is known for his work on action films such as Lone Survivor and Deepwater Horizon. Berg also co-wrote the screenplay for the movie.

Is the Battleship movie worth watching?

This is a subjective question and opinions may vary. However, the Battleship movie received mixed reviews from critics and audiences. Some praised its entertaining action sequences while others criticized its lack of depth and character development. Ultimately, whether the movie is worth watching depends on personal preference.