Olivia Newton-John was Max Born's granddaughter

  • Thread starter Thread starter swampwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Max
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 4K views
swampwiz
Messages
567
Reaction score
83
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, Demystifier, Charles Link and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
No. Did not even know ONJ was of German or Ashkenaz descent though my daughter was her major fan. I should ask my elder sister, our family genealogy hobbyist, of any known ties to Max Born.
 
I used to know it, but forgot all about it. Now I remember it. I might forget it again in the future.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian, Wrichik Basu, Vanadium 50 and 4 others
I knew that.

Max was for a time a colleague of Albert Einstein in the University of Berlin department of physics. They remained pen pals.
 
I guess this means Born was a ”Physical” scientist.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, Hamiltonian, swampwiz and 1 other person
Born to be wild.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jedishrfu and Hamiltonian
I prefer the joy of life she spread rather than any prize
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and Charles Link
When she sings "if we both were Born..." ,(from "I Honestly Love You"), it always reminded me that she was descended from a "Born".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and mcastillo356
Is that totally accurate or just a good approximation?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, BillTre and Charles Link
I came to know her because she was Born's granddaughter.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link