Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

OMG 11 They killed [spoiler] on 24

1. Mar 14, 2006 #1
    OMG!!11 They killed
    on 24
    The character of Tony Almeida was killed on 24 this last episode, by a seringe stab in the heart.

After killing yet another one of the main charcters on 24 after Michelle David Palmer, and Edgar Stiles, I'm outraged. I don't know if I should continue watching that show. I mean I love 24 don't get me wrong, but after this....

If this is the last season I can tolerate it, but if it continues another one...I really loved them all that got killed off.

There must be some 24 fans here at PF. What do you think?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2006 #2
    [tex]\mbox{lifetime of soap opera}=\frac{\mbox{\# of main characters}}{\mbox{death rate (characters/second)}}[/tex]

But since a soap's popularity is correlated positively with it it's characters' death rate, we must find an optimal combination with the violence high enough to be popular, but moderate enough to keep the show on TV for several seasons.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2006
  4. Mar 14, 2006 #3
    That was awesome the way edgar stiles died. But is tony almeida really dead? Even though he did get stabbed with the lethal dosage of drug, I wasn't aware that they actually killed him in that episode.
  5. Mar 14, 2006 #4
    I don't think he's dead either.
  6. Mar 15, 2006 #5
    Go to www.fox.com/24 (the official site) and check on "Tony Almedia" under profiles. There you will find the red stamp labeled "deceased".

It is sad, I know. We will just have to learn to live with it *cry*.

(it wasn't the drug that killed him; remember that hendersson could take 4-5 without anything happening, but to the stab-in-heart-thing)
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  7. Mar 16, 2006 #6

Homework Helper

I haven't watched a single ep of 24 from any season. And I watch a lot of TV. Have I missed much ?
  8. Mar 16, 2006 #7
    //side note: YES! 24 is the greates TV series of all times!
  9. Mar 16, 2006 #8
    wow they really kill like one or 2 major characters a season.
  10. Mar 16, 2006 #9
    Nah, not really. It is just this season that they have killed off 4.
  11. Mar 16, 2006 #10
    i guess the major terrorists die though?
  12. Mar 16, 2006 #11
    Ahahahah there is a poll on the 24 website:

Why no option, this show stunk after season 1? :rofl:
    option 5, *I felt jack should have died in season 1 :rofl:
  13. Mar 17, 2006 #12
    Nope. Nina Myers stayed alive through 3 seasons. There is also Mandy, Max and more terrorists alive.
  14. May 31, 2009 #13
    Re: OMG!!11 They killed
    on 24
    did Tony die in season 7???
  15. May 31, 2009 #14
    Re: OMG!!11 They killed
    on 24
    no, he did not. He is in custody.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?