Options for working as a programmer alongside studying

In summary, the speaker is facing problems with their old laptop and lack of financial support from their parents to buy a new one. They are also seeking advice on how to make money while studying in Iran where access to international banks and cards is limited. The speaker is currently learning C# and PHP, but will soon be taught C and Java. They are unsure about the local job market and are looking for examples of projects they can work on using C and Java.
AliGh
Hi
I have ran into some problems recently
One of them is that my laptop is just too old and weak for a computer programmer (and my parents won't bother themselves buying one although they have the money to)
What options do i have to make a little money alongside studying considering that I'm in Iran (don't have access to international banks , cards , ...)
And they are going to teach us C and JAVA soon (currently worked on some C# and PHP)

Physics news on Phys.org
Job markets are local. Most of us in cyberspace won't be familiar with your local job market, so perhaps you would do better to get advise from someone familiar with the local job market.

Dr. Courtney said:
Job markets are local. Most of us in cyberspace won't be familiar with your local job market, so perhaps you would do better to get advise from someone familiar with the local job market.
I know no one to ask about this (other students barely know what programming is)
Can you tell what kind of projects would be good for me ? Just some examples about what I can do with C and java so that I can see what possible options do I have ...

1. How can I balance my time between studying and working as a programmer?

Balancing time as a student and a programmer can be challenging, but it is possible. One way to do this is by creating a structured schedule that includes dedicated study time and work time. It is also important to prioritize tasks and to communicate with your employer about your availability and workload.

2. Is it possible to work as a programmer while still maintaining good grades?

Yes, it is possible to work as a programmer while maintaining good grades. However, it requires good time management skills and prioritization. It is important to communicate with your employer about your academic commitments and to make sure you are not overwhelming yourself with too many responsibilities.

3. What skills do I need to have to work as a programmer while studying?

To work as a programmer while studying, you will need strong technical skills in programming languages such as Java, Python, or C++. You should also have good problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently. Additionally, good time management and communication skills are crucial for balancing work and studies.

4. Can I gain relevant experience as a programmer while still in school?

Yes, there are many opportunities to gain relevant experience as a programmer while still in school. You can apply for internships, part-time jobs, or freelance projects that allow you to apply your programming skills and gain real-world experience. You can also participate in coding competitions or work on personal projects to build your portfolio.

5. How can working as a programmer benefit me while studying?

Working as a programmer can provide valuable benefits while studying. It allows you to gain practical experience and apply what you are learning in the classroom. It also helps you develop important skills such as time management, problem-solving, and teamwork. Additionally, working as a programmer can provide financial stability and help you build a professional network for future job opportunities.