Oyster cracker snack mix recipe with Hidden Valley Ranch
- Thread starter Averagesupernova
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 11K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Works for me.lisab said:My mom used to make a delicious rum cake. Frankly, I think it was just normal yellow cake, doused in rum. Very yummy.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
The world's only edible fruitcake. It should be called pecan cake. Years ago I brought this into work for our Christmas party at work. My district manager came by and said she hated fruitcake, but she'd taste it. She took a slice and walked off. She came over to me after the party wanting the recipe, she said she had been converted.
I can't stand fruitcake, but this would make my list of what I want for my last meal.
MRS. HARVEY'S WHITE FRUITCAKE
4 cups shelled pecans
3/4 pound candied cherries
1 pound candied pineapple
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 pound butter
1 cup sugar
5 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tsps vanilla extract
3 tsps lemon extract
Chop nuts and fruit into medium-size pieces; dredge
with 1/4 cup of flour. Cream butter and sugar together
until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Sift together
remaining flour and baking powder; fold into butter-egg
mixture. Stir in vanilla and lemon extracts. Blend in
fruit and nuts.
Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
Line with parchment, wax paper or foil; grease again.
Pour batter into prepared pan or pans. Place in cold
oven and bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours in tube pan
or 2 hours in 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pans at 250 degrees. Check cakes 1 hour before done and again in 30 minutes. When done, remove
from oven; cool in pans on cake rack.
Makes 5 pounds of fruitcake.
Note: In 4 1/2-by-2 1/2-by-1 1/2-inch (baby) loaf pans,
bake cake about 1 hour. For 1-pound cakes in 2-pound
coffee cans, bake about 2 hours. In 5-ounce custard
cups, bake about 1 hour. And in ungreased foil bonbon
cups, bake about 30 minutes.
I can't stand fruitcake, but this would make my list of what I want for my last meal.
MRS. HARVEY'S WHITE FRUITCAKE
4 cups shelled pecans
3/4 pound candied cherries
1 pound candied pineapple
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 pound butter
1 cup sugar
5 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tsps vanilla extract
3 tsps lemon extract
Chop nuts and fruit into medium-size pieces; dredge
with 1/4 cup of flour. Cream butter and sugar together
until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Sift together
remaining flour and baking powder; fold into butter-egg
mixture. Stir in vanilla and lemon extracts. Blend in
fruit and nuts.
Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
Line with parchment, wax paper or foil; grease again.
Pour batter into prepared pan or pans. Place in cold
oven and bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours in tube pan
or 2 hours in 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pans at 250 degrees. Check cakes 1 hour before done and again in 30 minutes. When done, remove
from oven; cool in pans on cake rack.
Makes 5 pounds of fruitcake.
Note: In 4 1/2-by-2 1/2-by-1 1/2-inch (baby) loaf pans,
bake cake about 1 hour. For 1-pound cakes in 2-pound
coffee cans, bake about 2 hours. In 5-ounce custard
cups, bake about 1 hour. And in ungreased foil bonbon
cups, bake about 30 minutes.
physics girl phd
- 931
- 3
Evo said:Rum Balls...
I have a very happy memory from when my siblings and I were young (I was certainly in elementary school or younger), and my mother made rum balls for the holidays. Rum balls never reappeared after that, yet I've always felt their absence.
My real holiday yummy, however, is springerles. They're the prettiest cookies EVER, and we use my great-grandma's recipe. My mother uses great-grandma's old mold (I use the press of an old butter-mold). I still have to dig out the recipe. (Current holiday prep involves making little E's holiday dress, as well as just finishing up the term.)
Last edited: