Palatini Formalism: History, Motivation, Advantages

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter noomz
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
noomz
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I'm finding information of the Palatini formalism but I can't find the history or the motivation of this on or even the profile of the person named Palatini. Can anyone briefly tell me some information or is there any source that I can find the history, motivation of the Palatini formalism? I'm also looking for the advantage of this formalism comparing to the standard one (metric formalism), when the Palatini formalism is used, how well it can tell us a physical meaning.
Thanks. ^^
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks a lot. :!)
Could you suggest a case that convince us to use the Palatini formalism instead of the metric formalism so that I could pick it and work on in studying?
Thanks again. ^^