1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Penn state erie or rutgers university?

1. Jun 28, 2009 #1
    my major is mechanical engineering and im not sure which school is better. Penn State University is always listed higher in rankings, but now i reallized that the side-campuses dont have the same reputations according to a few sites that i found...
    is a BS degree from rutgers actually better than a BS from penn state erie?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2009 #2
    Penn State allows full credit transfer to the main campus at University Park. So after two years you can transfer to the main campus. It is very common for students at the satellite campus to transfer to University Park after two years and finish there. The credits at a satellite count as if you went to main campus.

4. Jun 29, 2009 #3
    o sorry, i didnt put in enough info. i already did my first 2 years at a community college. i only need 2 years left to graduate. so fall 2009 will be the start of my junior year

edit: i just called up penn state. they said that basically University Park is not an option :( i would have to be reevaluated and if i did get accepted to the main campus, it wouldnt transfer from erie to main, it would start as a new major at my junior year basically

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook