Photo Contest - All By Myself (5/23-5/29)

In summary, the photo contest has a theme of "All By Myself" and requires a single subject or object in the photo. To enter, participants must submit their photo through a designated website or social media platform using the hashtag #AllByMyselfContest and following all guidelines and rules. Only one photo per person is allowed and any type of photo is eligible as long as it follows the theme and does not contain inappropriate content. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme and will receive a prize, which could include cash, gift cards, or other items.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
All By Myself

Last week we had a theme on what it looked like before we had to practice social distancing. For this week's contest, we go to the other end of the scale. In your photos you must show a scene where there is ONLY ONE PERSON in the photo, no more, no less. It must be a direct image of the person, not via a reflection, shadow, etc.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Size limitations: Your photo is only limited to the file size limitation set by PhysicsForums. However, your may want to consider reducing the size of your photo if the file size exceeds 1 Mb. If your file is being hosted elsewhere, I will have to see how it is being displayed here, and I may ask you to resize and resubmit if it causes problems.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawal by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
The Grand Tetons in the background.
IMG_8291.JPG

Likes berkeman and BillTre
Remote Training during social distancing.
training.jpg

nsaspook said:
Remote Training during social distancing.
I see that she has just completed a downward axe kick on the horizontal brace on the right of the play structure. Do you have any "after" pictures from after the workout? Was there anything left of the structure? :wink:

berkeman said:
I see that she has just completed a downward axe kick on the horizontal brace on the right of the play structure. Do you have any "after" pictures for after the workout? Was there anything left of the structure? :wink:

I told her to take it easy. That old swing set and I are drinking buddies.

Likes berkeman
allbymyself---1.jpg

Likes morrobay
dweller on the bridge sender.jpg

Likes morrobay and berkeman
I passed this guy on my morning walk today.

allbymyself.jpg

IMG_20160422_191319485_HDR_small.jpg

Death Valley Sunset

Likes dRic2, Adesh, Rubidium_71 and 1 other person
IMG_20200525_125058.jpg

IMG_20200525_125058.jpg

At 711

DSCN4371.JPG

Zz.

Likes dRic2, morrobay and BillTre
If there are any unprominent passers-by, with obviously no connection with the main individual subject, does that disqualify or must it be strictly one person?

epenguin said:
If there are any unprominent passers-by, with obviously no connection with the main individual subject, does that disqualify or must it be strictly one person?

It must strictly be only one person in the photo.

It means that I'm still unsure if there are people in the distant background in @kuruman 's photo.

Zz.

In my natural environment - I wish.
fullsizeoutput_135f.jpeg

Likes Rubidium_71 and dRic2
marzena_all_by_myself.JPG

Likes BillTre
Ibix said:
Can I ask where that was taken?

It is in the gardens at Sissinghurst, Kent, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sissinghurst_Castle_Garden
designed by Vita Sackville-West. For those who have never heard of her, following up leads into rich and complex literary and social history - or at least, gossip. :oldsmile:
One day in these gardens has afforded me several entries in this photo competition series.

Likes Ibix
Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

DSC03069.jpg

Likes Rubidium_71, jtbell, Ibix and 2 others

What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "All By Myself".

Who can participate in the photo contest?

Anyone can participate in the photo contest as long as they follow the rules and guidelines set by the contest organizers.

How many photos can be submitted per person?

Each person can submit only one photo for the photo contest.

What is the deadline for submission?

The deadline for submission is May 29th.

How will the winner be chosen?

The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme of the contest.