PF PHOTO CONTEST - Architecture (Mar 29 - Apr 5)

In summary, the rules for participating in the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Architecture are as follows: Only one entry per person is allowed, the photo must be original and taken by the participant, the photo must be related to the theme of architecture, the photo must be submitted by the specified deadline, and the photo must be high resolution and in JPEG format. The winner will be selected by a panel of judges based on relevance to the theme of architecture, creativity and originality, composition and technical quality, and overall impact and appeal. The decision of the judges is final and cannot be contested. Participants can submit a photo that has been edited or enhanced, as long as it still meets the criteria of being original and related to the theme of architecture.
Andre
PF PHOTO CONTEST Architecture Simple but Impressive(Mar 29 - Apr 5)

Sure, everybody can shoot a picture of an impressive bridge or palace but can you take a picture of a more modest construction and yet give it a substantial wow-factor? wow, what an impressive architecture.

Be creative.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
marcin_smallarch.jpg

That's the kind of pictures I was thinking of. Let's extent this contest another week and see if we get some inspiration.

marzena_architecture1.jpg

HPIM3412a.jpg

Nice! There's an osprey-nest in that one. Bird-architecture.

10qytyr.jpg

Shelter with seats, overlooking the pond at the Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, near Romsey, constructed using boat-building techniques.

turbo-1 said:
Nice! There's an osprey-nest in that one. Bird-architecture.

Sure enough, these towers carry power across the Willamette River at Albany, that nest is over water.

In Poland I would expect it to be a stork nest :smile:

Gaudi.jpg

I am not sure if Casa Milà classifies as a "modest construction" :tongue:

Borek said:
I am not sure if Casa Milà classifies as a "modest construction" :tongue:

I really should read the rules more closely. :rolleyes:

Maybe this is modest architecture?

14xyry9.jpg

Incidently the grebe I posted recently in another thread here is sitting on egss in the central bush of reed.

I'll finalize the contest first thing tomorrow morning.

Andre, feel free to remove mine. Thanks.

Borg said:
Andre, feel free to remove mine. Thanks.

No way, the voters decide.

1. What are the rules for participating in the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Architecture?

The rules for participating in the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Architecture are as follows:

• Only one entry per person is allowed.
  • The photo must be original and taken by the participant.
  • The photo must be related to the theme of architecture.
  • The photo must be submitted by the specified deadline.
  • The photo must be high resolution and in JPEG format.

2. How will the winner be selected for the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Architecture?

The winner will be selected by a panel of judges based on the following criteria:

• Relevance to the theme of architecture
  • Creativity and originality
  • Composition and technical quality
  • Overall impact and appeal
The decision of the judges is final and cannot be contested.

3. Can I submit a photo that has been edited or enhanced?

Yes, you can submit a photo that has been edited or enhanced as long as it still meets the criteria of being original and related to the theme of architecture. However, excessive editing or manipulation may result in disqualification.

4. Is there a prize for the winner of the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Architecture?

Yes, there will be a prize for the winner of the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Architecture. The exact prize will be announced at the start of the contest and may vary for each contest.

5. Can I submit a photo that has won another photography contest?

No, the photo must be original and not have won any previous photography contests. If it is found that the photo has been submitted to other contests, the entry will be disqualified.