Photo Contest - Back To School (8/1-8/7)

In summary, the photo contest has a theme of "Back To School" and is open to everyone regardless of age, profession, or location. To submit a photo, participants can follow the instructions on the contest website or social media pages. Judging criteria may include creativity, originality, composition, and relevance to the theme. Prizes for the winners may vary but can include cash prizes, photography equipment, gift cards, or other rewards. Contest rules should be checked for specific prizes and ranks.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Back To School

Summer vacation is drawing to a close, at least in the northern hemisphere. This means that it is time to go back to school! So your photo this week should be clearly related to schooling or schools.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Likes Drakkith
Physics news on Phys.org
20240846806_0686cffdb4_o.jpg

Image: A detail of this school (a gymnasium).

Final day to submit your photo for this contest. Otherwise, DennisN will win by default!

Zz.

marcin_back_to_school.jpg

OK warning of last day of competition has not been given yet, and I hae been separated from my archive.
I was torn on which to put for this one, but I was actually at school for a season here. I am not sure I noticed at the time the nice tiling pattern (not best revealed at angle shot) - or maybe I did but not as anything slightly remarkable, as I did seeing it again next time nearly... well you might not believe how many decades later. :redface::oldcry:.

28rnqtd.jpg

It is no longer a school. Maybe it was not in origin either, more like a Church Hall, perhaps the school was improvised, but it looks like a village school anyway. Maybe some stained glass. Three classes at same time in one hall with no separations. Very high roof - or else I was small. Up high on wall my right beyond the other class, inspirational picture I can now identify as 'Boyhood of Raleigh' - I did understand the message and challenge though. :cry:

looking for quotation...

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "Back To School". This means that submitted photos should capture the essence of returning to school, whether it's students, teachers, or school-related activities.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to everyone regardless of age, profession, or location. As long as you have a camera or a phone with a camera, you can join the contest.

3. How do I submit my photo?

To submit your photo, you can follow the instructions provided on the contest website or social media pages. Typically, you will be asked to upload your photo to a designated platform and include the necessary information such as your name, contact details, and a brief description of the photo.

4. What are the judging criteria for the photo contest?

The judging criteria may vary depending on the organizer, but some common factors include creativity, originality, composition, and relevance to the theme. It's best to check the contest rules for the full list of judging criteria.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes for the winners may also vary depending on the organizer. It could be cash prizes, photography equipment, gift cards, or other exciting rewards. Make sure to check the contest rules for the specific prizes and their corresponding ranks.