PF PHOTO CONTEST - From Dusk To Dawn (8/16-8/22)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
47 replies · 7K views
Robert, are those colors natural, or did you use a filter?

That's a beautiful shot. I remember seeing a some very pretty sunsets over Erie too.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Gokul43201 said:
Robert, are those colors natural, or did you use a filter?

That's a beautiful shot. I remember seeing a some very pretty sunsets over Erie too.

I took the shot with my DSC H9 Sony Cybershot, aperture: F8, shutter speed: 1/3200, focal length: 70.6mm, and ISO: 80. No filter, but I think my high altitude most likely had a factor in the colours (I was in a small prop plane).

I have a few other shots of the same sunset if anyone would like to see them, in one I even caught a huge barge crossing the lake!
 
sunset in the city..some of you know which city :wink:
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6127/editsunsetresevk7.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3594/dsc00079jc1.jpg

This picture is from my cellphone while waiting for the Paul McCartney show to begin!

Note: The screen you see is not where the stage is. It's actually even further back. (Crowd of 300,000.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning to the neighborhood

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/673/pfphoto1zg7.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
2776661360_9f2fef12a3_o.jpg
 
Larkspur, yours is showing up pixelated for me...Good shot though...I think we should make you your own contest...lol
 
Sturgeon Cove in the North Channel, Lake Huron

Taken about a week ago.

sturgeoncove.jpg
 
Oh man, this is going to be a tough one to vote for.
I may as well chuck mine in:
mat071.jpg

Dusk on the Kenmare river, Ireland.
 
Last edited:
chasely said:
Sturgeon Cove in the North Channel, Lake Huron

The detail in the clouds is wonderful chasely! Wow, this is going to be a good contest.
 
what a bunch of absolutely wonderful photos!-------besides the idea of dawn to dusk (alpha/omega), the colors at those times are just great
 
You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for what promises to be a difficult contest to vote on.

Zz.