Photo Contest - Green With Envy (3/25-3/31)

In summary, The photo contest's theme is "Green With Envy" and it is open to anyone who loves photography. To submit a photo, follow the instructions provided in the contest announcement post. Only one photo per person is allowed, and the winners are chosen by a panel of judges based on criteria such as creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Green With Envy

This week, the contest is all about the color GREEN. Your photo must have, as its main subject, something that is green in color.

Please note that since there is a wide range of shades of green, and that various screens may have varying color settings, please make sure that the "green" is not ambiguous, especially when it is bordering into another color.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Emerald_pool.jpg

Emerald pool, Yellowstone NP

Likes AlexCaledin, BillTre and Fervent Freyja
Janus said:
Emerald pool, Yellowstone NP

It looks like, rather than being green with envy, it is green with algae! :)

Zz.

jim hardy said:
Is date range in thread title correct ?

It has been corrected.

Zz.

GjrcA.jpg

One of the green things I developed, very much analog-digital...
(Its output frequency is proportional to the water flow in the sensor-equipped pipe.)

Last edited:
Likes DennisN
Chimichurri sauce that I made last week to go with the roast leg of lamb.

IMG_4390.JPG

Zz.

Likes AlexCaledin
Fifty Shades of Green.
33508294232_7b77524ce6_c.jpg

Likes jim hardy, BillTre, nuuskur and 1 other person
"Shade Tree Mechanic"
Her first outboard... 1952 Johnson 5 ,

lillianoutboard2Resized2.jpg

She's learning about magneto ignition.
Previous owner put brand new points & coils in it so I'm the one green with envy.

old jim

Last edited:
Likes berkeman, Andy Resnick, AlexCaledin and 2 others
sparky.jpg

Likes Borg
IMG20170103204451.jpg

Likes AlexCaledin
Final day to submit your Green photo for this contest.

Zz.

Banksia.jpg

Likes Borg
marzena_green.jpg

Likes fresh_42
My silly attempt to stay within the parameters of the rules:

ZapperZ said:
please make sure that the "green" is not ambiguous

2017.03.29.pf.proof.that.my.banana.reflects.green.png

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "Green With Envy". This means that the photos submitted should showcase something or someone that makes the viewer feel envious.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone who loves photography and wants to participate. There are no age restrictions or geographical limitations.

3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

You can submit your photo by following the instructions provided in the contest announcement post. Typically, you will need to post your photo on social media with a specific hashtag or email it to the contest organizers.

4. How many photos can I submit?

You can submit only one photo per person for this specific contest. However, some contests may allow multiple entries, so make sure to read the rules carefully.

5. How are the winners chosen?

The winners are chosen by a panel of judges based on criteria such as creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. Some contests also have a public voting component, where the photo with the most votes wins.