PF PHOTO CONTEST - Halloween (oct 24-nov1)

In summary, the PF Photo Contest for Halloween has a theme of Halloween and will take place between October 24th and November 1st. To enter, participants must submit their photo on the designated post on the PF Facebook page and follow all rules and guidelines. Up to three photos are allowed per person and the contest is open to all members of the PF Facebook page. The deadline for submissions is November 1st at 11:59 PM EST.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Halloween

Predictable seasonal contest time! You've got an extra day since halloween is the saturday.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread

Physics news on Phys.org
jack.jpg

From the Halloween event at Greenfield Village.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5269/img2709u.jpg

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is pretty goofy. I just finished carving the bat-o-lantern for my neighbor's grand-daughters (4 and 6). He grows tons of pumpkins every year and gives them to neighbors, friends, school-kids - just anybody who wants one. I'm going to surprise them tomorrow night and leave the bat on a big rock outside their front porch.

bat-o-lantern.jpg

2o9ie.jpg

A good friend decided that Dinand would do the tricking or treating as tigger

Ben

The Beast

Last night
ben.jpg

That's sooo cute, I like the redness of the picture.

Cute alert! Great entries everyone. A few more hours to get your entries in. I'll be adding one if I can figure out how to get pictures from my camera phone to the computer...

Monique said:
That's sooo cute, I like the redness of the picture.

Cute? The blighter is scaring me!

1. What is the theme of the PF Photo Contest for Halloween?

The theme for the PF Photo Contest is Halloween, which falls between October 24th and November 1st.

2. How do I enter the PF Photo Contest for Halloween?

To enter the contest, simply submit your photo on the designated post on the PF Facebook page between October 24th and November 1st. Be sure to follow all the rules and guidelines outlined in the post.

3. How many photos can I submit for the Halloween PF Photo Contest?

You can submit up to three photos for the Halloween PF Photo Contest. Any additional photos will not be considered for the contest.

4. Who can participate in the PF Photo Contest for Halloween?

The PF Photo Contest is open to anyone who is a member of the PF Facebook page and follows all the rules and guidelines outlined in the contest post. All skill levels are welcome to participate.

5. What is the deadline for submitting photos for the Halloween PF Photo Contest?

The deadline for submitting photos for the Halloween PF Photo Contest is November 1st at 11:59 PM EST. Any submissions after this time will not be considered for the contest.