PF PHOTO CONTEST - I Kid You Not (5/24-5/30)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 9K views
Aw, Zapper, we wub you, though. :!)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
binzing said:
Here's mine. Bloody Imageshack is a PITA to use.

Yea I fould imageshack to be a PITA too. It seemed to be a trial and error effort. Basically just go to your image shack web page click on show my images, right click on the pic you want and on the drop down menu select view picture.

To the right of the picture will be some options, thumb nails or no thumbnails click the "no"

below the picture click on the "for Fourms" selecion and it will highlight the proper format to post the correct size. just copy it and then paste it in the forum. :smile:
 
ZapperZ said:
.. and to think that I was so eager to continue doing this contest after I came back from my brief hiatus...

Zz.

Hang in there ZapperZ we need you. Image Shack doesn't have any clear instructions on how to size the pics.
 
I've got dozens of pictures of my best friend's granddaughter's latest visit to my house, and I have used one in the "Joy" competition, but I don't think that I have used this one. Sophia is such a cutie! When I asked her how old she was, she held out all fingers of one hand, but clued me in that she was much smarter, saying "I read big-people books - without pictures." She insisted that her father bring her out here so she could visit with my "famous" chipmunks that her grandfather had told her about. She lives in Ireland so we don't see her often, but she is a real cutie!

ikidyounot.jpg
 
Attachments
  • ikidyounot.jpg
    ikidyounot.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Andre said:
Binzing, the only thing you need to do is relax, then quote my former post. delete everything in front of "http" and behind "JPG". Then put [ img ] [ /img ] tags around it (without spaces) and it should work

Thing is, while it was VERY nice of you to do this, I would rather have a resize rather than a crop... I'm off to try edward's plan...(danke chein edward)
 
turbo-1 said:
I've got dozens of pictures of my best friend's granddaughter's latest visit to my house, and I have used one in the "Joy" competition, but I don't think that I have used this one. Sophia is such a cutie! When I asked her how old she was, she held out all fingers of one hand, but clued me in that she was much smarter, saying "I read big-people books - without pictures." She insisted that her father bring her out here so she could visit with my "famous" chipmunks that her grandfather had told her about. She lives in Ireland so we don't see her often, but she is a real cutie!

I'm afraid I have to disqualify you with this one. You have used this picture before in the "Sight For Sore Eyes" competition.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1703379&postcount=115

Zz.
 
binzing said:
Here's the best I could figure from Edward's instructions (thanks man)
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2672/picture035ki4.jpg

Not sure what was done here, but this picture is still 800x600. I've even cleared by cache in case it is displaying an old link, but no dice. It too is disqualified from this contest.

Please note that free sharewares like Picassa allow you to resize your pictures before you upload it to the various photo servers.

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
Not sure what was done here, but this picture is still 800x600. I've even cleared by cache in case it is displaying an old link, but no dice. It too is disqualified from this contest.

Please note that free sharewares like Picassa allow you to resize your pictures before you upload it to the various photo servers.

Zz.

binzing & ZapperZ: OOPS sorry, I may have caused a problem here. Image Shack photos, must be sized for forums before uploading to their service. There is a box to check to set the differen't sizes.

resize image? 100x75 (avatar) 150x112 (thumbnail) 320x240 (for websites and email) 640x480 (for message boards) 800x600 (15-inch monitor) 1024x768 (17-inch monitor) 1280x1024 (19-inch monitor) 1600x1200 (21-inch monitor) optimize without resizing

Above are the selections. I think people may tend to click the size of their monitor.
 
Last edited: