Photo Contest - In Between (3/7-3/13)

In summary, the theme of the photo contest is "In Between." The contest is open to anyone interested in photography, both amateurs and professionals. Photos can be submitted through social media or email. Participants can submit multiple unique photos. The judging criteria include creativity, originality, relevance to the theme, visual impact, and technical skills.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
In Between

Is this a location? Or is it a time period? Is this rather abstract? I don't know, but your interpretation of this theme must be clear enough that it shows a clear depiction of the theme without requiring an explanation.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Size limitations: Your photo is only limited to the file size limitation set by PhysicsForums. However, your may want to consider reducing the size of your photo if the file size exceeds 1 Mb. If your file is being hosted elsewhere, I will have to see how it is being displayed here, and I may ask you to resize and resubmit if it causes problems.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawal by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Likes scottdave
Physics news on Phys.org
A fence between the Tiger and myself.
DSCN2704.JPG

Likes hutchphd, DennisN and davenn
Remember these?
inbetween---1.jpg

Last edited:
Likes davenn
IMG_20200309_004941.jpg

I hope in between two glasses of wine is obvious

morrobay said:
View attachment 258422
I hope in between two glasses of wine is obvious

what is in between? I don't see anything.

Zz.

Likes davenn
ZapperZ said:
what is in between? I don't see anything.

Zz.
The first empty glass denotes the first glass that was consumed t(1) . The second glass full of wine is next t(2)
So in between drinking two glasses of wine

Likes Dr. Courtney
morrobay said:
The first empty glass denotes the first glass that was consumed t(1) . The second glass full of wine is next t(2)
So in between drinking two glasses of wine
So it's between drinking two glasses of wine from separate glasses by the same person?

kuruman said:
So it's between drinking two glasses of wine from separate glasses by the same person?

Yes.

morrobay said:
Yes.

Somewhat obscure

Rubidium_71 said:
A fence between the Tiger and myself.

Anonymous uninformed zoo worker's famous last words said:
Don't be afraid of him/her. It's just a cat. Big, yes, but it's very fluffy. You can see the gentle, warm kindness in the thoughtful eyes. Here, kitty, kitty...

IMG_2210.JPG

Lamb slider in between Moroccan lamb sausage and Harissa chicken roll.

Zz.

marzena_in_between.JPG

Likes BillTre
Got an ok one for between , but that's not the same as 'in between'. :oldgrumpy:

Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
View attachment 258520
Lamb slider in between Moroccan lamb sausage and Harissa chicken roll.

Zz.
I thought it was "Elevensies" between breakfast and lunch.

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "In Between". This means we are looking for photos that capture moments or subjects that exist in the space between two things, whether it be physical, emotional, or conceptual.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone who has an interest in photography. Whether you are a professional photographer or an amateur, all are welcome to submit their photos.

3. How many photos can I submit to the contest?

You can submit up to three photos per person. However, each photo must be unique and not a duplicate of another submission.

4. How will the winners be chosen?

The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges who will evaluate the photos based on creativity, originality, composition, and adherence to the theme. The judges' decision will be final.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The first-place winner will receive a cash prize of $500, the second-place winner will receive $300, and the third-place winner will receive $200. In addition, all three winners will have their photos featured on our website and social media platforms.