Pf photo contest - it's good to be back (9/20-9/26)

In summary: I'm definitely looking forward to it!In summary, the contest will be held in the Photography forum, the topic is up to the members to interpret, and the photo must be relevant to the theme.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
It's Good To Be Back!

The more things change, the more things stay the same!

With the new PF look and new engine, it looks like the Mentors are also bringing back the same old thing - ME! I'm partially coming out of my retirement to continue running the PF Photo Contest in the next foreseeable future.

Everything will remain the same except for one important thing: the contest will be held in the General Discussion forum. At the end of the VOTING period, both the Contest Thread and the Voting Thread will be moved to the Photography forum.

Other than that, all the rules and how the contest will be run will remain as it was before.

For this week, I'll let you interpret the topic anyway you want. However, if your photo is too obscure on how it fits with the title, be prepared to offer a clear explanation when you are contacted.

Have fun!

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Likes OmCheeto, Doc Al and Evo
Physics news on Phys.org
Yay! So happy to see you and the photo contest back!

Likes ZetaOfThree
15116488947_0b7675a08f_o.jpg

The Oasis is back.

What's so significant about the asphalt? Everybody is staring down, except the guy in the black sneakers :D

Good to be Back:
GoodToBeBack_zps1f692b12.jpg

marcin_good_to_be_back.jpg

rockaway.surf.fisherpersons.jpg

Last edited:
OmCheeto said:
rockaway.surf.fisherpersons.jpg

Wow, no idea how it is related to being back, but makes me think about works of Jakub Rożalski, like http://www.artstation.com/artwork/preparing-for-takeoff

BTW, cleaning your lenses now and then is not a bad idea :p

Borek said:
Wow, no idea how it is related to being back, but makes me think about works of Jakub Rożalski, like http://www.artstation.com/artwork/preparing-for-takeoff

BTW, cleaning your lenses now and then is not a bad idea :p

It was a crop.

6mm.jpg

My lens is only 6 mm. The flaw is obviously caused by Heisenberg's raindrop principle.

[final edit :rolleyes:]

Although I live only 90 minutes away from the Pacific Ocean, I've averaged going there only once every 5 years, for the last 30 years.
Over the last 3 months, I've been there 4 times.
When I was a child, my mother would pawn me off on the family of my dad's best friend, who would take me to the beach, every weekend.

I've missed the magic.

Last edited:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/913/npmvaY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Final day to submit your photo for our resurrected contest.

Zz.

I would not be posting today if it were not for two, very significant items: (1) I am SO happy to see ZapperZ back in the mix at PF. (2) The theme strikes a chord, and I've been jazzing on watching the thread to enjoy, "It's good to be back" submissions. Although I haven't had an opportunity to experience the pleasure of a vacation in a while (it's been so long - is 'vacation' the proper term today?) I always enjoy focusing on the simple pleasures in life.

My yellow lab, Browser, well... he's my family, my best friend, and my largest source of happiness these days. As I'm self-employed and work at home, Browser and I are pretty much together 24/7. Whenever I return from an errand, without fail, he greets me with tail "awag" and such true happiness on his face. My reply is always, "It's SO GOOD to come home to a Browser"

I hope I'm not bending the rules by offering so much information. It's simply great just to join the thread and share.

Good%20to%20be%20Back!.png

20140926-submission.png

Edit: put the image into the thread for you.
Edit: Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Newly emerged monarch that I helped raise, back after spending 10 days in a chrysalis.
newmonarch2_zps3b14cbda.png

Last edited:

1. What is the "Pf photo contest - it's good to be back (9/20-9/26)"?

The "Pf photo contest - it's good to be back (9/20-9/26)" is a photography competition organized by the company Pf (Pfizer) to celebrate the return to normalcy after the pandemic. It is open to everyone and encourages participants to share their best photos capturing the theme of "coming back".

2. How can I participate in the contest?

To participate in the "Pf photo contest - it's good to be back (9/20-9/26)", you can submit your photos on the Pf website or social media platforms (such as Instagram or Twitter) using the designated hashtag. Make sure to follow the guidelines and submit your photos within the specified timeframe.

3. What is the theme for the photos in this contest?

The theme for the "Pf photo contest - it's good to be back (9/20-9/26)" is "coming back". This can be interpreted in various ways, such as returning to work, school, or social activities, reuniting with loved ones, or rediscovering your favorite places after a long time.

4. Who can participate in the contest?

The "Pf photo contest - it's good to be back (9/20-9/26)" is open to everyone, regardless of age, location, or photography experience. Whether you are a professional photographer or just enjoy taking photos as a hobby, you are welcome to participate in this contest.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes for the "Pf photo contest - it's good to be back (9/20-9/26)" have not been announced yet. However, previous Pf photo contests have offered cash prizes, photography equipment, and the opportunity to have your photo featured in Pf's marketing materials. Stay tuned for updates on the prizes for this contest.