PF PHOTO CONTEST - Pretty In Pink (11/2-11/8)

In summary: I mean, post your picture there.Zz.In summary, the theme for the current photo contest is "Pretty In Pink." All digital or digitally-scanned photos with pink as the main subject are accepted. Contest rules include resizing the photo to 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels, only one photo per member, and using photos that are taken by the member submitting them. The contest will end with a poll for all PF members to vote on their favorite photo.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Pretty In Pink

This time, your pictures must have the color pink as the main subject. Objects or landscapes having such a color qualify.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a grey area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks pinkish to me, so it certainly qualifies.

Zz.

CNV00014.jpg

I found this 'christmas tree' in the middle of a load of moorland in february this year. Every branch is painted pink, and it's covered in little decorations, with more strewn around it, probably blown off. people have too much time on their hands.

256342169_4c4b8ed66c_o.jpg

LARKSPUR! Dangit, why do you take such nice pics! I thought I had a good pic to post then you put that up! Not only is it pinker then mine it has a bug! no fair!http://home.comcast.net/~Integral50/scenery/hibscus.JPG

Integral said:
LARKSPUR! Dangit, why do you take such nice pics! I thought I had a good pic to post then you put that up! Not only is it pinker then mine it has a bug! no fair!
Integral that is a beautiful shot! I am sure this will be another tough competition!

Integral said:
LARKSPUR! Dangit, why do you take such nice pics! I thought I had a good pic to post then you put that up! Not only is it pinker then mine it has a bug! no fair!
I'm just starting to think that Larkspur has a very buggy flower garden. :rofl:

I had to do one photoshop modification here to conceal the identity of the person in the photo. If that is disallowed, I will retract my entry (and hopefully still find something else to use).

Edit: Entry withdrawn. :cry: Look for it in the "Disqualified" thread.

Last edited:
Oh my god! I know who that is too!

Well, unfortunately, a rule is a rule. So I have to consider the picture as been altered and disqualified :(

Still, you have to admit that my shirt matched that of Piglet's! :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Oh my god! I know who that is too!

Well, unfortunately, a rule is a rule. So I have to consider the picture as been altered and disqualified :(
:cry: Okay, I'll have to move it to the disqualified thread...unless you've suddenly gotten over your objections to showing your face around here. :rolleyes:

Still, you have to admit that my shirt matched that of Piglet's! :)

Zz.
That's why it was too perfect not to try. Plus, the walls behind you are pink too!

Moonbear said:
:cry: Okay, I'll have to move it to the disqualified thread...unless you've suddenly gotten over your objections to showing your face around here. :rolleyes:

What, so the snipper now knows who to aim for? I can't run THAT fast!

That's why it was too perfect not to try. Plus, the walls behind you are pink too!

Yes, I do look pretty in pink, don't you think? :biggrin:

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
What, so the snipper now knows who to aim for? I can't run THAT fast!
:rofl:

Yes, I do look pretty in pink, don't you think? :biggrin:

Zz.
Too bad I can't show your face. It detracts from the photo to cover up the big grin you have over your excitement at seeing all the Poo characters. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Too bad I can't show your face. It detracts from the photo to cover up the big grin you have over your excitement at seeing all the Poo characters. :biggrin:

Well, I am still a bit miffed they left out Rabbit, but it was still nice that all four were there.

Hey, when did this thread became the Disney thread?

Zz.

arildno said:
Note:
I am NOT a contestant; I just have to post a picture I filched somewhere:

From contest rules:

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

I will have to delete your picture. The Disqualified thread is meant for pictures that are not meant for this contest. So knock yourself out there.

Zz.

Moonbear said:
I'm just starting to think that Larkspur has a very buggy flower garden. :rofl:
:rofl:
I used to have more flowers than bugs until the Roundup incident...:mad:

I don't actually have any pink photos, but saw this huge, fire-engine red bush outside work. I thought it might look pink if seen from the inside, with the sun shining through it.

Inside the bush wasn't a very good place to try to take a photograph. The dappled lighting inside the bush made reviewing the results on the LCD very difficult, to say the least. But here's the results:
red_bush.jpg

I sort of like the contrast with the brilliant green (I think it's grass) you can see along the bottom. I should have gone for more of it.

I have a picture from the outside, as well. The bush (turned out to be three bushes, actually) is utterly surreal when seen from the outside.

Last edited:
Pink Flamingoes

These are the REAL kind, not the lawn ornaments.

Vacation2002016.jpg

Zz.

That's it. Zz has the best picture. WOW!

Dammit, there's only one thing that I could think of when I saw the title, and since she's an Indian it's not actually pink. :grumpy:

Hawaiian Adam:tongue:

adamflower.jpg

I retract. 0Swerve's picture is prettiest.

Just a reminder that you have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

215675786_a2b2ec3cd8.jpg

Marty Lake, Ontario, Canada

Pink nose

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4615/pinkyua1.jpg

What is the "Pretty In Pink" PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The "Pretty In Pink" PF PHOTO CONTEST is a photography competition hosted by PF PHOTO, a platform for photographers to showcase their work. The theme of this contest is "Pretty In Pink", where participants are encouraged to submit their best photos featuring the color pink.

Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who is interested in photography, regardless of their skill level or location. However, participants must be at least 18 years of age to enter.

How do I submit my entry?

To submit your entry, you must first register for an account on PF PHOTO. Once you have an account, you can upload your photo and fill out the submission form with the required information, including the title of your photo, a brief description, and the category it belongs to.

What are the categories for the contest?

The categories for the "Pretty In Pink" PF PHOTO CONTEST are Portrait, Landscape, Still Life, and Creative. Each participant can submit one entry per category.

How will the winners be selected?

The winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on the quality, creativity, and adherence to the theme of the submitted photos. The winners will be announced on PF PHOTO's website and social media pages after the contest period ends.