Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF PHOTO CONTEST - Putting things in perspective (oct 10-17)

1. Oct 10, 2009 #1

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Normal service resumes, contests starting on a saturday again
    Putting things in perspective

Photos with strong perspective, odd perspectives etc etc. Be as creative as you like.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2009 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gaming this weekend. My Greek Phalangites are headed for the Greek mercenary Hoplites fighting for the Persians.

PhalangitesVsHoplites.jpg

4. Oct 14, 2009 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

img3723.jpg

Zz.

5. Oct 14, 2009 #4
    Good one, Zapper. Did you lie on the floor to get that perspective?

6. Oct 15, 2009 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

It looks more like CGI than photograph :smile:

7. Oct 15, 2009 #6
    Right, maybe that the Clinton's Global Initiave lead to the devellopmentment of the Common Gateway Interface to facilitate Computer Generated Imagery with some Cognitive Guided Instructions of course :smile:

Working on perspective. Give me another day.

8. Oct 15, 2009 #7

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I actually set the camera for a 2 second delay, snapped the shutter, and then put it under the structure. Saved me from lying on the ground to get that perspective. :)

Zz.

9. Oct 15, 2009 #8
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  10. Oct 15, 2009 #9
    AbstractPacif

You need to go back to image shack and select the forum imbed *image* option.

You have the *thumbnail* Actually you can get it just by clicking on your thumbnail.

11. Oct 15, 2009 #10

Borek

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  12. Oct 15, 2009 #11
  13. Oct 16, 2009 #12

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Nice theme, nice interpretations! I really like ZZ's and the Greco-Persian battle is fun.

3445mya.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  14. Oct 17, 2009 #13
  15. Oct 17, 2009 #14

Borek

16. Oct 17, 2009 #15

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nice symmetry. Where's all the snow you got this week? :smile:

17. Oct 17, 2009 #16
  18. Oct 17, 2009 #17

Borek

It was taken in Summer. But the snow is already gone - temperatures are above freezing most of the time.

19. Oct 17, 2009 #18

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just kidding about the snow. BTW, the snowfall in Poland actually made the local news here in Wash. DC that day. Pretty unusual.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook