PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something different (nov 1-7)

In summary, the conversation revolved around the benefits of regular exercise and how it can improve overall health and wellness. It was also mentioned that incorporating exercise into daily routines can be challenging, but it is important to find activities that are enjoyable and sustainable. Additionally, the conversation touched on the importance of setting realistic goals and being consistent with exercise habits.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Something different

Let's see your creative side. What do you consider your most different, unusual or original photographs?.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread

Physics news on Phys.org
R1-41.jpg

Never can be too careful. Most fires start in the shower. :biggrin:

Lacy33 said:
R1-41.jpg

:rofl: That's really funny!

Ahhh damn scan lines :P Took this with an old school SLR camera.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5460/scan0001oq.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
cool, I try and round up some photos soon

Lacy33 said:
R1-41.jpg

Reminds of first scene in Debbie Does Dallas.

ehim,

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4870/54748817.jpg [Broken]

drizzle said:
ehim,

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4870/54748817.jpg [Broken]
[/URL]
Do Mr & Mrs Bear know Mr & Mrs Moose? :!)

I certainly thought this was unusual...

img3257xg.jpg

Zz.

the title of this picture is "no idea"

2ng7v2t.jpg

I may explain sometimes.

Andre said:
the title of this picture is "no idea"

2ng7v2t.jpg

I may explain sometimes.
I have an idea. Murano. Somebody has been to Venice...

Andre :confused: whatever that is, you definitely got my vote :bugeye:

drizzle said:
Andre :confused: whatever that is, you definitely got my vote :bugeye:

I think I know what that is, but I agree, another vote.
And a big plus is that the kids can't make jokes about some nice girl from Dallas and your photo :rolleyes:.

Lacy33 said:
I think I know what that is, but I agree, another vote.
And a big plus is that the kids can't make jokes about some nice girl from Dallas and your photo :rolleyes:.

that's because they don't dare to :cool:
they are well aware of the consequences :biggrin:

Not my most creative, but could be interesting to see what people think is going on here.
guess.jpg

lisab said:
If you rotated that counter clockwise 90 degrees, it would be the sad face friend to Boreks' happy face pic.

(I'll now have to go look for that one...)

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=2353538&postcount=760"

:rofl: sure it's an upset female friend, I wonder why? :biggrin:

mmmmm, is it the inside of a vase turbo-1??

turbo-1 said:
Not my most creative, but could be interesting to see what people think is going on here.
guess.jpg

Looks like a top-down view of a martini glass

is it a new born baby girl black hole?

Lacy33 said:
is it a new born baby girl black hole?

:rofl: Looks awfully pink for a black hole. :biggrin:

I really like your photo though. A sprinkler in the shower is definitely different!

drizzle said:
mmmmm, is it the inside of a vase turbo-1??
You got it! It's the inside of a tiny hand-blown bud vase. I thought the tiny bit of vegetable matter on the bottom (and dirt) might give it away.

BTW, I bought that little vase at a flea market for $3 and it was appraised by a well-known art glass expert at $250-300 (auction estimate).

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Looks awfully pink for a black hole. :biggrin:

I really like your photo though. A sprinkler in the shower is definitely different!

Thank you.
Being the mother of a female black hole, trust me that is not too pink. Give this little one time and she will show her true black. She will erase memory, she will stretch out time, she will have a major event horizon.
I think it's a new born black hole. :rofl:

I have already posted it last year, but somehow I can't think about anything better.

laser_globe.jpg

Borek, that is awesome. Where did you get this or did you create it? Cool pic

Borek said:
I have already posted it last year, but somehow I can't think about anything better.

laser_globe.jpg

I know! That's the geomagnetic field reversal that will finally kill the cock roaches! :grumpy:

marzena_Something_diff2.jpg

I was playing with a laser pointer.

All that talk about black holes in pink context reminded me of something.

My Dad died in 1991, several years later I meet son of his close friend - Peter. Peter told me, that one day he heard our Dads talking about us (we were both in our early teens at the time). His dad said something about us being older and older, and starting to look after girls or shifting interests towards girls - something like that. My Dad replied "You must be right, Marcin asked me yesterday what a black hole is".

Last edited:
Borek said:
I was playing with a laser pointer.

All that talk about black holes in pink context reminded me of something.

My Dad died in 1991, several years later I meet son of his close friend - Peter. Peter told me, that one day he heard our Dads talking about us (we were both in our early teens at the time). His dad said something about us being older and older, and starting to look after girls or shifting interests towards girls - something like that. My Dad replied "You must be right, Marcin asked me yesterday what a black hole is".

Dad's can be so clever.
And it sure is hard to keep things clean around you frisky science types.
:blushing:

Marzena said:
marzena_Something_diff2.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!~

Fish

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2954/fishg.jpg [Broken]​
[/URL]

only a few hours left! really interesting set of photos so far

<h2>1. What is the theme of the PF Photo Contest for November 1-7?</h2><p>The theme for this week's PF Photo Contest is "Something different". We are looking for unique and creative photographs that stand out from the norm.</p><h2>2. Can I submit more than one photo for the contest?</h2><p>Yes, you can submit up to three photos for the contest. However, please make sure that each photo is different and fits the theme of "Something different".</p><h2>3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?</h2><p>To submit your photo, simply post it on your Instagram account with the hashtag #PFSomethingDifferent and tag @PFPhotoContest in the caption. Make sure your account is set to public so we can see your submission.</p><h2>4. Who can participate in the PF Photo Contest?</h2><p>The PF Photo Contest is open to anyone who has a public Instagram account and is interested in photography. We welcome submissions from photographers of all levels and backgrounds.</p><h2>5. How are the winners of the PF Photo Contest selected?</h2><p>The winners of the contest are selected by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. The judges' decision is final and cannot be contested.</p>

1. What is the theme of the PF Photo Contest for November 1-7?

The theme for this week's PF Photo Contest is "Something different". We are looking for unique and creative photographs that stand out from the norm.

2. Can I submit more than one photo for the contest?

Yes, you can submit up to three photos for the contest. However, please make sure that each photo is different and fits the theme of "Something different".

3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, simply post it on your Instagram account with the hashtag #PFSomethingDifferent and tag @PFPhotoContest in the caption. Make sure your account is set to public so we can see your submission.

4. Who can participate in the PF Photo Contest?

The PF Photo Contest is open to anyone who has a public Instagram account and is interested in photography. We welcome submissions from photographers of all levels and backgrounds.

5. How are the winners of the PF Photo Contest selected?

The winners of the contest are selected by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. The judges' decision is final and cannot be contested.