Photo Contest - Up In The Air (5/21-5/27)

In summary, the photo contest has a theme of "Up In The Air" and submissions should feature elevated or airborne subjects or scenes. To enter, follow the instructions in the contest announcement and submit your photo through a designated platform or email address. The number of allowed entries may vary depending on the contest. The judges for the photo contest are typically professional photographers, artists, or experts in the field. Prizes may include cash, gift cards, photography equipment, or the chance to have your photo published or displayed. Be sure to read the contest rules for specific prize information.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Up In The Air

This week, your photo must be taken while you are "in the air". You may either be in an airplane, hang-gliding, or in the middle of plunging 50 stories down (ugh, don't do that!), but you must not be physically attached to anything on the ground. This means swinging from a tree branch or zip-lining do not count.

Good luck!

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz

Physics news on Phys.org
So technically this picture doesn't fit the rules?

marcin_in_the_air.jpg

Likes ProfuselyQuarky, mfb and DennisN
Borek said:
So technically this picture doesn't fit the rules?

I don't know. What are you in/on?

Zz.

I am the one on the ground, but I am flying a model, so I am "up in the air".

Borek said:

Humm... good question. I haven't thought about "remote control" snapshot. Since this policy or rule is not in place, I'd say we will allow it till we figure it out.

Zz.

Likes berkeman
Borek said:

What kind of model I wonder? Plane, helicopter, drone...? Or something else? Ufo? Metallic bird? Dragon? :biggrin:

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Borek, you could have jumped! Then it would clearly fit the rules.What do you mean, you didn't expect this contest when taking the picture?

Likes Borek
Bixler 2 & GoPro.

Likes DennisN
Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

IMG_2138.JPG

Zz.

Likes DennisN

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "Up In The Air," meaning that the photos submitted should showcase subjects or scenes that are elevated or airborne.

2. How do I enter the photo contest?

To enter the photo contest, simply follow the instructions outlined in the contest announcement. Typically, you will need to submit your photo via a designated platform or email address, along with any required information or entry fee.

3. Can I submit multiple photos for the contest?

This depends on the specific rules of the photo contest. Some contests may allow multiple entries per person, while others may have a limit of one entry per person. Be sure to carefully read the rules before submitting your photos.

4. Who will judge the photo contest?

The judges for the photo contest may vary depending on the organization or company hosting the contest. Typically, judges may include professional photographers, artists, or experts in the field of photography.

5. What are the prizes for the photo contest?

The prizes for the photo contest may also vary, but they often include cash prizes, gift cards, photography equipment, or the opportunity to have your photo featured in a publication or exhibition. Be sure to check the contest rules for the specific prizes being offered.