Photo Contest: A tribute to ZapperZ (7/7 - 7/14)

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    photo contest
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 5K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
22,170
Reaction score
3,335
A tribute to ZapperZ[/color][/size]

Last week was the last photo contest hosted by ZapperZ. I will temporarily taking over the photo contest. The first theme is our previous host: ZapperZ. Anything is allowed as long as it shows some tribute to ZapperZ. A caption is allowed (please not on the photo, but just post the caption in the thread)

micromass

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

micromass
 
Physics news on Phys.org
DSC08647_zps0d470bfc.jpg
 
micromass said:
Did you take that picture?

AAAARRRRGGG. Nuts. I was so focused on complimenting the Z that I forgot the rules. Apologies and I guess you have to delete it.
 
phinds said:
AAAARRRRGGG. Nuts. I was so focused on complimenting the Z that I forgot the rules. Apologies and I guess you have to delete it.

It's ok, it's a nice tribute, so I'll leave it. But I won't add it to the poll :-p
 
micromass said:
It's ok, it's a nice tribute, so I'll leave it. But I won't add it to the poll :-p

Fair enough. Thanks.
 
:smile:

Marzena remembered that Zz raises orchids!
 
Perhaps someone can find a way to relate this to ZapperZ. It is an Ocotillo blossom. They have beautiful blooms in the spring yet for most of the year they look like dry sticks with thorns.

70ynx0.jpg
 
Zap! [My gaslighter :-p]

attachment.php?attachmentid=71320&stc=1&d=1405321478.jpg
 
Attachments
  • zap.jpg
    zap.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 651
Ah Ha I have it. Zapper is just the opposite of an ocotillo. He is mostly mellow and pleasant, but gives us a real jab when the rules are broken.:devil: