Photo Contest - Bad Photo (2/4-2/10)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    photo contest
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
22 replies · 5K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
Bad Photo[/color][/size]

This has always been a fun and popular theme. Pick out one of your bad photos and proudly display them on here!

Please note that such bad photos must not be taken on purpose!

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The combo of a night time shot plus a pup that wouldn't stand still resulted in this. While technically a bad photo, kind of a neat turnout anyway.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1021/sdc12896m.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
<Insert spherical cow joke here>

bad.jpg
 
I took this picture for the last competition. I tried to set up the light
using rules from the "Light - Science & Magic" book. I wanted large
DOF. It didn't work.

marzena_ice1.jpg
 
So many to choose from! But images of the inside of the lens cap or an area of recently vacated blue sky are probably rather too boring, as are ones which are too out-of-focus to identify. This one is a nicely motion-blurred image of a dragonfly passing a clump of bamboo (but I wouldn't have known if I hadn't had a successful picture immediately next to it in the folder).

4zxqts.jpg
 
I had previously set my camera to take a picture after 10 seconds, I forgot about this setting and had tried to take a picture of this cat. I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working when it was exposed.
bad.jpg
 
Before I got a shutter release cable:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1193/dsc7478.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I do have photos that are worse than this but they're not as good. :biggrin:




f4fwie.jpg
 
ZapperZ said:
Hum... did he just tasted a very bad drink?

:)

Zz.

Well I can tell you that the name of the bar is 'La Mort Subite' (Sudden Death).
 
It looks like we have no problem coming up with bad pictures:smile:

v7vz81.jpg
 
Aren't strobe shots great? I've had ones taken underwater turn out like that...
 
These bad photos are such good bad photos!
 
Man! I found the best bad photo on my computer today! If only I could switch photos haha
 
epenguin said:
Surely better than bad good photos.
:biggrin: