Photo Contest - Blue (12/8-12/14)

In summary, the photo contest's theme is "Blue" and submissions must feature the color prominently. The submission period is from December 8th to December 14th, and a maximum of three unique photos can be submitted. Judging criteria include creativity, composition, overall quality, and incorporation of the color blue. Winners will be notified via email or social media and announced on the contest webpage and organization's social media pages.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Blue

For this contest, the theme is the color blue. Your photo must have, as its dominant color, the color blue.

While there are variations to this color, and the possibility that different screens may display color slightly differently, please ensure that there is no ambiguity in the color (i.e. it does not verge into purple, for example).

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Blue.jpg

Blue and blue amongst the green

This photo has been taken in Arunachal Pradesh, India. Arunachal is one of our favourite regions for a tour, because of its wild beauty. Not many people visit this state because of a number of reasons. So, Nature is not quite nurtured here by man, and that's primarily why we love Arunachal. Check out the travelogue here (links in the first post will take you to the consequent posts).

Attachments

• Blue.jpg
    Blue.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 410
Likes morrobay, AlexCaledin, berkeman and 3 others
Mt. Parnassus from across the Gulf of Corinth.
Blue - 1.jpg

Attachments

• Blue - 1.jpg
    Blue - 1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 482
Likes AlexCaledin, davenn and DennisN
Blue Fountain.jpg

Attachments

• Blue Fountain.jpg
    Blue Fountain.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 478
Likes morrobay, davenn, AlexCaledin and 2 others
blue.jpg

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 399
Likes davenn, AlexCaledin and berkeman
a163b50c-036b-49da-aff2-03bf5f8c3dcf-original.jpg

Attachments

• a163b50c-036b-49da-aff2-03bf5f8c3dcf-original.jpg
    a163b50c-036b-49da-aff2-03bf5f8c3dcf-original.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 442
Likes OmCheeto, davenn, AlexCaledin and 6 others
Wow! What is that Andy?

dcc33c5c_o.jpg

Attachments

• dcc33c5c_o.jpg
    dcc33c5c_o.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 379
Likes BillTre, Wrichik Basu, davenn and 1 other person
IMG_8872.JPG

Zz.

Attachments

• IMG_8872.JPG
    IMG_8872.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 359
Likes AlexCaledin
IMG_20181212_173638.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181212_173638.jpg
    IMG_20181212_173638.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 340
Final day to submit your photo for this contest. Do it now, or you’ll be blue.

Zz.

fullsizeoutput_ea7.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ea7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ea7.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 601
Likes Rubidium_71, phinds, Ibix and 4 others
epenguin said:

For a moment there I thought I had to do some vertical and horizontal adjustments on my screen!

Zz.

Likes Ibix and Wrichik Basu
epenguin said:
That's really quite disturbing to look at...

Where is it? I'd like to know where to avoid. o0)

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
For a moment there I thought I had to do some vertical and horizontal adjustments on my screen!

Zz.

:oldsmile:

kuruman said:
It has the origami look. What's the material?

To tell the truth I don't know now, I think it is metal.

Ibix said:
That's really quite disturbing to look at...

Where is it? I'd like to know where to avoid. o0)

I don't know where you can not-see it now, it's moving quite fast isn't it?

In August 2013 I photographed it in a somewhat secluded part of the grounds and gardens of Hatfield House (easy and worthwhile day excursion from London) home of the key powerful and sinister Elizabethan statesman, Robert Cecil, Earl of Essex - photo below, not part of competition, may jog your memory. I had quite forgotten it and only found it yesterday when searching for something else blue from around that time. Possibly has its maximum effect when photographed.
D2A60A64-46D9-4502-A591-F519E9389238.jpeg

Attachments

• D2A60A64-46D9-4502-A591-F519E9389238.jpeg
    D2A60A64-46D9-4502-A591-F519E9389238.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 329
epenguin said:
To tell the truth I don't know now, I think it is metal.
It's stainless steel. After a bit of search, I found out that the artist is Xavier Veilhan (French) and he seems to have made a few carriages and other sculptures in this style.

Likes epenguin and Ibix

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of this photo contest is "Blue". All submitted photos should prominently feature the color blue in some way.

2. How long is the submission period?

The submission period for this photo contest is from December 8th to December 14th. Any photos submitted outside of this timeframe will not be considered.

3. Can I submit more than one photo?

Yes, you can submit up to three photos for this contest. However, each photo must be unique and not a duplicate of one another.

4. What are the judging criteria for this contest?

The photos will be judged based on creativity, composition, and overall quality. Judges will also take into consideration how well the photo incorporates the color blue into the overall theme.

5. How will the winners be notified?

The winners will be notified via email or through the social media platform where the photo was submitted. They will also be announced on the contest webpage and on the organization's social media pages.