Photo Contest - My Favorite Photo 2018 (12/22-12/28)

In summary, the photo contest is a celebration and showcase of the best photographs taken in 2018. It is open to anyone and submissions can be made through designated platforms or social media with the contest hashtag. The photos will be judged based on creativity, technical skill, and relevance to the theme, with prizes including cash, equipment, and opportunities for recognition.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
My Favorite Photo 2018

As we approach the end of another year, it is time to look back at all the photos that we have snapped this year. For this contest, choose one of the photos that you have taken in 2018 that is your favorite, and submit it to this contest.

Obviously, I will not be able to verify that the photo was taken in 2018, so I will have to trust you on this. But that's fine, because even though a few of you sometime forget about our contest rules, you can be trusted, can't you? Humm... ? :smile::-p

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Likes scottdave and AlexCaledin
Physics news on Phys.org
Field of blue bonnets
Ennis TX, April 12, 2018.
Looking forward to my next visit in the spring.
bluebonnets_2---1.jpg

Attachments

• bluebonnets_2---1.jpg
    bluebonnets_2---1.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 626
Likes zonde, AlexCaledin, pinball1970 and 3 others
kuruman said:
Field of blue bonnets
Ennis TX, April 12, 2018.
Looking forward to my next visit in the spring.
View attachment 236222
I see, tomorrows' cattle farm!

15th of May
733e1742_o.jpg

Attachments

• 733e1742_o.jpg
    733e1742_o.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 419
Likes zonde, DennisN, Wrichik Basu and 1 other person
IMG_20181225_105102.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181225_105102.jpg
    IMG_20181225_105102.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 420
Likes DennisN and AlexCaledin
Falls Park, Greenville SC.

Falls Park Panorama - small.jpg

This was actually my very first attempt at a panorama. IIRC it was inspired by the panorama contest thread last April, which had closed just a couple of days earlier so I couldn't submit it there. (full size version hosted off-forum)

Attachments

• Falls Park Panorama - small.jpg
    Falls Park Panorama - small.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Likes zonde, DennisN, Borg and 1 other person
IMG_8513.JPG

Snapped during our Alaskan cruise this year.

Zz.

Attachments

• IMG_8513.JPG
    IMG_8513.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 371
Likes AlexCaledin, zonde, DennisN and 3 others
Vegas baby!
41153066832_ac4ab8f16b_c_d.jpg

Attachments

• 41153066832_ac4ab8f16b_c_d.jpg
    41153066832_ac4ab8f16b_c_d.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 459
Likes DennisN
Final day to submit the favorite photo that you took in 2018.

Zz.

fish.jpg

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 363
Likes AlexCaledin and BillTre
ZapperZ said:
This contest is over. Please check the dates in the topic.
Ok, I will wait for another contest.
But it's hard to understand what is deadline without timezone info. I looked into archive and it showed some posts after deadline date (I believe the dates I see are adjusted according to my timezone settings).

zonde said:
Ok, I will wait for another contest.

There is already another contest running right now.

But it's hard to understand what is deadline without timezone info. I looked into archive and it showed some posts after deadline date (I believe the dates I see are adjusted according to my timezone settings).

The deadline is in whatever timezone you are in. Even taking all time-zones into consideration, Dec. 29 is already way past the deadline in any time zone for the contest, which was on Dec. 28.

Zz.

Likes zonde

1. What is the purpose of the photo contest?

The purpose of the photo contest is to showcase and celebrate the best photographs taken by individuals in the year 2018. It is a way to appreciate the beauty and creativity captured through photography.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone who has a favorite photograph taken in the year 2018. It is not limited to professional photographers, and amateurs and hobbyists are also encouraged to participate.

3. How can I submit my favorite photo for the contest?

To submit your favorite photo for the contest, you can either upload it to the designated platform or share it on social media using the contest hashtag. Make sure to follow the guidelines and deadlines provided by the organizers.

4. What criteria will be used to judge the photos?

The photos will be judged based on their creativity, composition, technical skill, and overall aesthetic appeal. The judges will also take into consideration the relevance to the theme of the contest and the story behind the photo.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the photo contest?

The prizes for the winners of the photo contest may vary, but they typically include cash prizes, photography equipment, and opportunities for the winning photos to be featured in exhibitions or publications. The exact prizes will be announced by the organizers before or after the contest.