Photo Contest - Peace and Tranquility (11/30-12/6)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    photo contest
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
Peace and Tranquility

Your photo must convey the feeling of Peace and Tranquility.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Size limitations: Your photo is only limited to the file size limitation set by PhysicsForums. However, your may want to consider reducing the size of your photo if the file size exceeds 1 Mb. If your file is being hosted elsewhere, I will have to see how it is being displayed here, and I may ask you to resize and resubmit if it causes problems.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawal by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
1575124070941.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: JBA, Rubidium_71, jtbell and 3 others
peace-tranquility.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Point Conception, BillTre and 1 other person
The pond and clubhouse in our townhouse community in the foothills above Silicon Valley:

Full Pond March 2019.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, JBA, davenn and 1 other person
Park Lake Evening View-1.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, davenn, Wrichik Basu and 4 others
CCF0319-00000.jpg


Island off Chumphon
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, BillTre and fresh_42
there's some really nice pictures this time, I love the colorful sky from @Andy Resnick and amazing composition from @Marzena.

Heres my submission from the Blue Mountains:
IMG_6897.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: hyunxu, DennisN, davenn and 2 others
I swear, I chose this picture before I saw Zz's! o_O At least the fountain is off.

peace&tranquility.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: hyunxu, DennisN, davenn and 2 others
jtbell said:
I swear, I chose this picture before I saw Zz's! o_O At least the fountain is off.
Is it actually the same place from a different angle, or just a very similar looking place?
 
Ibix said:
or just a very similar looking place?
This. It’s the pond at the college here.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix
Darn, this is going to be another brutal contest! Amazing photos.

@phinds , is it your cat? It has about the same color as my female cat.
@Marzena , a stunning, gorgeous photo!
@kuruman , I so wish I was there!
@Andy Resnick , very nice photo, I think there is even a hint of a second rainbow, right?
@lekh2003 , also a stunning photo!
@ZapperZ , @jtbell , very nice colors.

All the other photos were great too!
I've got to participate in this contest, I'll be back. :smile:
 
DennisN said:
@phinds , is it your cat? It has about the same color as my female cat.
It was my daughter's cat before she left for collage, then mine to care for until it died several years ago. Pete had more character than any of the many other cats we've had over the years.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN
@kuruman By the way, where is that photo from? It looks like an absolutely gorgeous place!