Photo Contest - What's For Lunch? (1/16-1/22)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    photo contest
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
What's For Lunch?

Take a snapshot of something you had for lunch, or will be having for lunch.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This is what I had for lunch last Friday.

IMG_2992_zpshcdongex.jpg


Zz.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Dr. Courtney and Borg
Oh wow, there is nothing I have that can compete with that!
 
ZapperZ said:
This is what I had for lunch last Friday.

Looks like shrimp tempura, with perhaps a zucchini and carrot tempura "kicker," a fried potato cake, a seaweed something or other on the back, Miso soup, and some ginger shavings in the lower left corner to cleanse the palette. Am I close?
 
DiracPool said:
Looks like shrimp tempura, with perhaps a zucchini and carrot tempura "kicker," a fried potato cake, a seaweed something or other on the back, Miso soup, and some ginger shavings in the lower left corner to cleanse the palette. Am I close?

Actually, the "potato cake" is poached egg. There's also a pumpkin tempura.

This was lunch at Mitsuwa Market near here. It is a huge Japanese grocery store, but that isn't even the entire picture. It also has a large food court that consists of several different vendors serving Japanese and Korean food. A new restaurant is about to open, and they will serve freshly-made udon noodles.

I've been telling @Greg Bernhardt that next time he comes up to Chicago, I'll take him there.

Zz.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
ZapperZ said:
Actually, the "potato cake" is poached egg. There's also a pumpkin tempura.

This was lunch at Mitsuwa Market near here. It is a huge Japanese grocery store, but that isn't even the entire picture. It also has a large food court that consists of several different vendors serving Japanese and Korean food. A new restaurant is about to open, and they will serve freshly-made udon noodles.

I've been telling @Greg Bernhardt that next time he comes up to Chicago, I'll take him there.

Zz.
I'm above you remember, I got to come down! :smile: Spring time and we're there!
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm above you remember, I got to come down! :smile: Spring time and we're there!

So I'm not invited? :sorry:
 
lunch.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and Borg
jtbell said:
lunch.jpg

I had to undergo an angioplasty procedure after just looking at jtbell's lunch!

Zz.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Lisa!