Photographing for Knightcote's Biggest Publication

In summary, Woolie is back and looking for success. He tells us about his experiences with his old service provider and moving to a new one. He is now working on a project for a British publication. He is still waiting to hear if he has won the photo contest.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have had a bit of agro with the internet so i told my old service provider to stick their service where the sun don't shine, and gone and fetched another one, so far so good, and i set it all up on my todness .
Any way, i have been out an about taking photographs for a big publication ,the editor begged me to do it, so i have been kept busy, when i say a (major publication) i mean the biggest in Knightcote, i recon i will be as famous as that David Baily, or is it Arther Daily :confused: well one of the two, i will be waiting for the phone calls to flood in, all i need need now is to find out how to get my photos on to the computer and some editing softwear.

Physics news on Phys.org
We were woried about you!

Oooh, are you really going to get your pictures published??

Evo said:
We were woried about you!

Oooh, are you really going to get your pictures published??

If i can meet the deadline i am, i am not sure of the readership numbers but it must be 1000s, or 100s at least any ways up it is a first step to fame.

wolram said:
If i can meet the deadline i am, i am not sure of the readership numbers but it must be 1000s, or 100s at least any ways up it is a first step to fame.
Congratulations! How wonderful!

Is it online?

Evo said:
Congratulations! How wonderful!

Is it online?

I think not, i just been trying to work out the number of people that have this publication, there are about 40 houses in Knightcote, and if Avon Dassett gets it that will add another 100 or so, for sure i do not know how far afield it is distrubuted.

You'll have to scan it in and share!

Welcome back, Woolie! Some of us were concerned when you didn't show for chat.

turbo-1 said:
Welcome back, Woolie! Some of us were concerned when you didn't show for chat.

Wow, that it so nice, my mom worries, she says i rang you and you wernt there, so i tell her i was out taking pictures, then she says, but i rang ten minutes later and you still wernt there, i says, mom i was out taking photos, she says , how long does it take to take a few photos.

wolram said:

And we all will be able to say, "I knew him when..."

so you don't enter the photo contest here with its thousands of viewers, because you are out taking pictures for hundreds of readers. hmmm

lisab said:
And we all will be able to say, "I knew him when..."

And i will all ways remember my PF palls, even when i am in my private jet on my way to the next shoot (thats professional talk) for photograph taking.

Tribdog only two people looked when i last posted a photo :grumpy:

wolram said:
A bit of bover

I have had a bit of agro ...

... my todness.

Are this British expressions? Or am I just illiterate?

I have a British question. Is there really a British Council for the Arts? I got some stories published and paid for in pounds. Supposedly the British Council for the Arts or British Arts Council sponsored the project.

Redbelly98 said:
Are this British expressions? Or am I just illiterate?

My bad, Tod= alone, solo, agro=aggression, bover=trouble.

tribdog said:
I have a British question. Is there really a British Council for the Arts? I got some stories published and paid for in pounds. Supposedly the British Council for the Arts or British Arts Council sponsored the project.

For sure there is.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/arts.htm

But we have to use kilos now.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What equipment do I need to photograph for Knightcote's Biggest Publication?

To capture high-quality images for Knightcote's Biggest Publication, you will need a professional-grade camera, lenses of varying focal lengths, a tripod, and lighting equipment. Additionally, a laptop or computer with photo editing software is recommended for post-processing.

2. How do I choose the right location for the photoshoot?

The location for the photoshoot will depend on the subject matter and the desired aesthetic for the publication. Consider the lighting, background, and overall atmosphere when selecting a location. It's also important to get permission to use the location if it is private property.

3. What are some tips for getting the best composition in my photographs?

To achieve the best composition in your photographs, consider the rule of thirds, leading lines, and balance. Experiment with different angles and perspectives to add interest to your images. Also, pay attention to the background and make sure it does not distract from the main subject.

4. How can I ensure the lighting is optimal for my photographs?

Lighting is crucial in photography, so it's important to plan ahead and choose the right time of day for your photoshoot. If shooting outdoors, consider the direction and intensity of natural light. If shooting indoors, use a combination of natural and artificial lighting to create a well-lit environment.

5. What are some common post-processing techniques for photo editing?

Common post-processing techniques for photo editing include adjusting exposure, contrast, and color balance, cropping and straightening, and applying filters or presets for a specific look. Make sure to edit your photos in a non-destructive way, using layers or virtual copies, so you can always go back to the original if needed.