Physical interpretation of Weisskopf-Wigner approximation in neutral kaons

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter MichaelDMC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Approximation Wigner
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
MichaelDMC
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What is the physical interpretation of the Weisskopf-Wigner approximation, when it is applied in the neutral kaon system?

I would say that the approximation means that a decay state has a small probability to suffer a transition (or be "transformed") into another decay state through weak interaction. But I'm not sure about this.

I would please like to know some references that can help me to understand better this approximation in the kaon system. I'm following the book "CP Puzzle " by Kabir

Thanks in advance
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A very nice elementary treatment of precisely this issue can be found in

Nachtmann, O.: Elementary Particle Physics - Concepts and Phenomenology, Springer-Verlag, 1990