Physics: Choosing Between Stevens Institute of Technology or NYU for Your Major

  • Thread starter Thread starter Christine90NY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 4K views
Christine90NY
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I plan on majoring in physics. Where would I be better off - Stevens Institute of Technology or NYU? If I was doing engineering I'd go for Stevens for sure...but is Stevens good for physics too?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Christine90NY said:
I plan on majoring in physics. Where would I be better off - Stevens Institute of Technology or NYU? If I was doing engineering I'd go for Stevens for sure...but is Stevens good for physics too?
In NYU you may have very interesting and entertaining time behind your major. In Stevens you would live in Hoboken... so, up to you.

It seems to me that Columbia is stronger in Physics than NYU.
 
Bright said:
In NYU you may have very interesting and entertaining time behind your major. In Stevens you would live in Hoboken... so, up to you.

It seems to me that Columbia is stronger in Physics than NYU.

The problem there is that there's no way I'd make it into Columbia...
 
FYI: http://chronicle.com/news/article/2832/merger-talks-resume-between-nyu-and-polytechnic-u

NYU has a good Math department as well: http://math.nyu.edu/

Certainly, it would be expensive to live in that part of NY... but the Village is a lot of fun.
 
Christine90NY, I see you took my advice on coming here :)
 
user101 said:
Christine90NY, I see you took my advice on coming here :)

Yes, and thank you! :)
 
robphy said:
FYI: http://chronicle.com/news/article/2832/merger-talks-resume-between-nyu-and-polytechnic-u

NYU has a good Math department as well: http://math.nyu.edu/

Certainly, it would be expensive to live in that part of NY... but the Village is a lot of fun.


Thanks! If its NYU, I live close enough to commute.