Pictures I took at a 2.5m telescope in the Canary Islands

  • Topic: Stargazing 
  • Thread starter Thread starter kungfuscious
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pictures Telescope
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
kungfuscious
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi there, physics nerds!

I'm studying astrophysics in Copenhagen, and I had the opportunity to visit a telescope in the Canary Islands (just off the west coast of Africa). It's called the Nordic Optical Telescope, and I was there for a week in August. Among other things, I managed to get 4 pretty pictures that I thought you might enjoy. It's no Hubble or anything, but this telescope still did nicely. You can see the pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/kungfuscious/NordicOpticalTelescopeInLaPalmaCanaryIslands#"

I hope you like the pictures as much as I liked taking them. Pictures are color composites made from many exposures, taken with different filters and then combined using NASA's fits liberator software.

-Kungfuscious
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org