Playing with Balls: Fun for Kids of All Ages
- Thread starter Borek
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Balls
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
17 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Man, I want a couple of those! I assume that they're powerfully magnetized beads.
S_Happens
Gold Member
- 310
- 3
Gotta love all that symmetry.
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
I can't help thinking how convenient they're be for hiding things. Who'd think of trying to open up an apparently solid geometric ornament to find your BC bud or spare cash? 
matthyaouw
Gold Member
- 1,125
- 5
Oh god, I think I have to buy one. I wonder what magnets like that do to nearby electronic things...
Topher925
- 1,563
- 7
That is THE perfect ADD toy.
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Topher925 said:That is THE perfect ADD toy.
Yeah... beats the hell out of my Rubik's Magic, since you don't have to worry about breaking it.
junglebeast
- 514
- 2
Danger said:I can't help thinking how convenient they're be for hiding things. Who'd think of trying to open up an apparently solid geometric ornament to find your BC bud or spare cash?![]()
Sounds like a bad idea to me. Who wouldn't think to play around with such a neat little toy?
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
Pretty neat.
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
junglebeast said:Sounds like a bad idea to me. Who wouldn't think to play around with such a neat little toy?
But if it's just sitting around as a desk or shelf ornament, nobody would think of it being a toy. If the video is indicative of it's performance, it would appear to be a solid object, especially if you configure it into something artistic. (That's why I mentioned wanting a couple rather than just one; more internal volume and external shapes available if you combine them.)
glueball8
- 345
- 1
Wow, for some reason watching the video makes me happy.
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Bright Wang said:Wow, for some reason watching the video makes me happy.
Me too. I guess that we both need to get a life.
drankin
Bright Wang said:Wow, for some reason watching the video makes me happy.
Money doesn't make a man happy. Having balls does. LOL
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Only if you get a chance to use them. I assume that your aren't married...
drankin
Danger said:
Only if you get a chance to use them. I assume that your aren't married...
I am married. I have to fight daily to keep mine!
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Dammit, man... you're making me use us my quota of
's.
Similar threads
- paperclip
- · Replies 2 ·
- Biology and Chemistry Homework Help
- Replies
- 2
- rhenretta
- · Replies 9 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 9
- quantumdude
- · Replies 7 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 7
- mustang
- · Replies 5 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 5