Predicting products for five reactions: Pb+2 with iodide, phosphorus burning, and others

  • Thread starter Thread starter craftymex
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ap Reaction
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
craftymex
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Can you guys help me with these reactions? I've always kinda sucked at predicting reactions and some of these have me really confused. There from 2002, so I couldn't find the answers online.
A. a solution of sodium iodide is added to a solution of lead(2) acetate.
My answer: Pb+2 + 2I- = PbI2
B. Pure white phosphurus is burned.
2P+302 = 2P203
C. Excess hydrochloric acid is added to 1.0M cobalt(2) chloride.
No idea
d. Solid sodium hydrogen carbonate(sodium bicarbonate) is strongly heated.
No idea
e. Hydrochloric acid is added to zinc sulfide.
2H+ + ZnS = H2S + Zn+2
The one I'm most confused about is c. Can you help me out?
 
Physics news on Phys.org