Are You Ready for Turkey Day? Best Wishes to My USA Friends on November 27!

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about Thanksgiving and someone mistakenly wishing their USA friends a "Turkey Day" on October 27 instead of the correct date of November 27. Despite this mistake, they still receive a "like" and a giggle from a non-US friend. The conversation ends with a joke about wives correcting their husbands' mistakes.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
to all my USA friends best wishes for "Turkey Day" 27 Oct <-- Edit should be 27 Nov
a little giggle for you all :)

Turkey shoot.jpg

cheers
Dave

Last edited:
Likes OmCheeto, lisab and Medicol
Physics news on Phys.org
Your USA friends look like heartless people. No one even "like" what you post. They should find themselves ridiculous in their emotional life's puzzles. And even if any real war against Portugal, their win will still be probably up in the air.
So allow me (non-US) to comfort you with a "like".

Thanks Medicol :)

I liked it :), it made me giggle.

Our Thanksgiving isn't until November 27 though!

Likes davenn
lisab said:
I liked it :), it made me giggle.

Our Thanksgiving isn't until November 27 though!

ya, I discovered that fact last Saturday when my wife pointed out the error of my ways o:):oops:

Wives are good at doing that sort of thing ;)

What are some traditional dishes served on Thanksgiving?

Some popular dishes served on Thanksgiving include roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and pumpkin pie.

How far in advance should I start preparing for Thanksgiving?

It is recommended to start preparing for Thanksgiving at least a week in advance. This allows for enough time to plan the menu, purchase ingredients, and prepare any make-ahead dishes.

What are some tips for cooking a successful Thanksgiving turkey?

To cook a successful Thanksgiving turkey, make sure to properly thaw the turkey, brine or season the turkey, and cook it at the appropriate temperature and time. It is also important to let the turkey rest before carving to allow the juices to redistribute.

How can I accommodate dietary restrictions for Thanksgiving guests?

To accommodate dietary restrictions, it is important to communicate with your guests beforehand and ask about any specific dietary needs. You can also offer alternative dishes or ask guests to bring a dish that fits their dietary needs.

How can I reduce food waste during Thanksgiving?

To reduce food waste during Thanksgiving, plan out your menu and portion sizes accordingly. You can also repurpose leftovers into new dishes or donate excess food to a local food bank or shelter.