1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Professor or Research Group that works on Nanotechnology-agriculture

1. Apr 30, 2013 #1
    Greetings!

I have this friend who had synthesis of nanomaterials as his MS thesis. After talking with him, I realized that his passion is on helping the farmers in the agriculture industry. I want to help him find a research group or professor (for his Phd) in which he can apply what he already does (i.e. nanomaterials) into his advocacy or passion (i.e. helping the farmers/agriculture). Do you know any institution who is into this kind of research? Thank you very much.

2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2013 #2
    If you have any interest in Canadian universities, the University of Guelph does this type of research.

4. May 5, 2013 #3
    Thanks for your reply! Sorry for the late reply. Just had connection with the internet. I will check this university. Thanks again. :)

5. May 6, 2013 #4
    It would appear that this group at U. Guelph in particular is pretty much exactly what your friend is looking for. Note also that Guelph. You might also want to look at nanotechnology at the nearby University of Waterloo, who collaborate closely with Guelph in their physics program.

6. May 6, 2013 #5
    Thank you LastOneStanding! I have trouble navigating through the website of U. Guelph. Thanks for your help... I really want to encourage him to take his Ph. D. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook