Proving Denumerability of Positive Multiples of Three Greater Than 100

  • Thread starter Thread starter eibon
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
eibon
Messages
27
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Let S be the set of positive multiples of three which are greater than one hundred.
Show that S is denumerable.

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


let [tex]\phi[/tex]: [tex]N[/tex] [tex]\rightarrow[/tex] S
be given by [tex]\phi[/tex](n)= 99+3n is a bijection
thus it is denumerable

can someone tell me if that is right? if not can you tell me what i did wrong?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Why would you think it's not right? It is.
 
well its the first time I am taking an math class like this and I am just not sure if I am doing things right
 
eibon said:
well its the first time I am taking an math class like this and I am just not sure if I am doing things right

Well, you are doing it right.