Quantum Gravity PhD: UK/EU Suggestions Wanted

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
duo
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
hi everyone

i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for particularly good places to do a phd in quantum gravity? in the uk or around europe in particular? most theoretical physics positions seem to be focused on high energy theory or strings. i am particularly interested in loop quantum gravity or similar approaches. renate loll in utrecht for example would be exactly the kind of person i'd be interested in doing a phd under however she does not seem to be inerested in applications at present. so if anybody has any suggestions that would be nice!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try the Perimeter Institute or Waterloo Physics in Canada. I believe Peter Smolin, a big name in LQG is at Perimeter. I don't know much about European universities.
 
JasonJo said:
Try the Perimeter Institute or Waterloo Physics in Canada. I believe Peter Smolin, a big name in LQG is at Perimeter. I don't know much about European universities.

I think you mean Lee Smolin.