1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions about 'University Physics with Modern Physics (13th Ed)@

1. Aug 20, 2014 #1

fb0

Hi,
    Does anyone have any experience with the international edition of the above textbook? I got my reading list out today and almost had a heart attack at the price of the standard edition, so I had a look at the international edition. It looks good but I read that some STEM international texts have issues with numbering of problems (or even having them in the first place). If anyone has used this in their classes and can help clarify the situation that would be great.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

4. Aug 29, 2014 #3
    I prefer old editions, myself. If you buy two editions old on Amazon, the price will usually be under $5. As for graded homework problems, I usually just did them in the library using their copy while keeping my old edition at home for reading and additional practice. You can also find free online copies of books online sometimes, either as pdfs or on slideshare (if the book isn't freely available on Google, though, you will most likely be violating copyright by obtaining it elsewhere). One other thing that you can do is request that your professor post problem numbers for an old addition. I've had a number of professors that did this.

Not exactly an answer to your question, but hopefully somewhat helpful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted