R.I.P. David Soul 28.8.1943-4.1.2024

  • Thread starter Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
7 replies · 1K views
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
3,883
Reaction score
6,216
Probably remembered by my generation for Star of Starsky and Hutch and Salem's Lot TV series in the 1970s.

He also stared in the Magnum Force, part of the Dirty Harry series of films.

He had a singing career with some hit singles, "Don't give up on us baby," was a big hit.
 
  • Like
  • Care
Likes   Reactions: difalcojr, davenn and Astronuc
Physics news on Phys.org
Silver Lady was played every Friday night at my local community centre when the world of disco hit small-town Scotland in 1978.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and jedishrfu
jedishrfu said:
He was in Star Trek TOS too as a teen in the episode The Apple as an early advocate of single bite computers:
Pic? I remember the episode, but not all of the faces.

Hopefully he was not wearing a red shirt -- that would have been a short appearance... :wink:
 
pinball1970 said:
"Don't give up on us baby," was a big hit.
I had to quickly visit the Obituary page and double-check. Whew.........different spelling. Long live the Hutch
 
berkeman said:
Pic? I remember the episode, but not all of the faces.

Hopefully he was not wearing a red shirt -- that would have been a short appearance... :wink:
David Soul as “Makora” in Star Trek, “The Apple” 1967

1704804520149.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: robphy and berkeman
Magnum Force.

1704804716309.png
 
Cops on Moto Guzzis! I thought that was so cool. I had a 750 Ambassador.