R.I.P. Franz Beckenbauer 1945-2024

  • Thread starter Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 763 views
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
3,877
Reaction score
6,212
An icon in football as a player and manger.

His ability was on another level and broke the rules. Defenders defending.
He had finesse, read the play in a telepathic way (to normal players)
He could dance past the best players in the way like an attacking midfielder would do.
Bobby Charlton, Eusebio, Pele, Cruyff. That level. Genius.

1704803633200.png
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
He even looked composed and elegant playing with a dislocated shoulder!

Many years ago I played for our work team in an 11-a-side game. The guy who picked the team gave us all an ironic or otherwise double-barrelled surname. I was down on the team-sheet as Beckenbauer-K...! Perhaps because I rarely broke sweat!!
 
PeroK said:
He even looked composed and elegant playing with a dislocated shoulder
There is a video of that. I will find some of his best parts.