1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommend a good statistics/probability book

1. May 10, 2014 #1
    Hello,
    I have always been fascinated by probability and statistics for a reason I do not know. However, when I was in college I did information theory where probability theory is extensive. That was some 3 years back. For some reason I seem to have forgotten most of it mainly because of the lack of intuition behind the theories.
    I'm looking to acquire a strong foundation for probability/statistics by intuition to finally entrench this subject in my head. The book should also include advanced topics like 2-D random variables, queuing theory etc.
    Please suggest a good book with a proclivity to intuition.
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2014 #2

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

"Intuitive" is a subjective matter. What math books have you seen that you consider intuitive?

4. May 11, 2014 #3
    Well, the time I was studying DE, I had a book by Pollard and Tennebaum and it was a beauty because the authors were deliberately taking their time to explain. As you might know, you can teach someone DE in a day or a month and the authors chose the month plan.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted